Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

New F18918W - How to Reset Admin?

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

New F18918W - How to Reset Admin?

Postby 67micro » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:07 pm

Hello all, just received and was trying to protect my new F18918W IP camera. In doing so, I changed the Alias from "Anonymous" to a name I preferred. I also as some point created a password that I do remember, but the combination fails to allow me access back into the camera setup.

The online manual states to hold down the "power button" for 30 seconds to reset the Admin. Problem is, this new camera has no power button... only a power adapter directly into the unit.

Anyone have any ideas ??
67micro

Re: New F18918W - How to Reset Admin?

Postby 67micro » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:55 pm

For those who might have the same issue, I found the reset button under the unit.

It can be pressed with a small thin object (toothpick) with care, as you are pressing a button on the circuit board. Manual says 30 seconds, I counted to 10 and it worked for me.

Hope this helps others.
67micro

Postby vicw » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:11 pm

If you zoom up the picture of the bottom of the unit in Fig. 1.3, on page 3 of the User Guide, you can just make out the raised lettering "Reset", and the adjacent opening, just below the label "MAC address of wireless connection".

Interesting that the Guide doesn't point that out, but then the documentation is so poor, it's incredible. I like the camera, though, and it's kind of entertaining to struggle through all of the missing, and misleading information. Makes having a forum like this, to share discoveries, especially valuable.
vicw

Postby samicha » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:24 pm

bj
je pousse le bouton de réinitialisation
Relâchez le bouton RESET et l'identifiant et le mot de passe sera réinitialisé à le nom d'administrateur par défaut et le mot de passe. CORRECTION ***: Maintenez la position pendant au moins 15 à 30 secondes!
Nom d'administrateur par défaut: administrateur
Mot de passe administrateur par défaut: Aucun mot de passe
tous se bien
mais
ID system Anonyme
comment je peu le changer
ID system 002ekip
Foscam FI8918W (Black) Wireless IP Camera
samicha

Return to General Discussion