Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

Not able to access foscam through external IP

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Not able to access foscam through external IP

Postby korvin » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:14 pm

I've followed this guide: http://portforward.com/english/routers/ ... I8908W.htm
Still isn't working, I can access the foscam camera through 192.168.1.122:80, but not through my external ip.

I've set up ddns through no-ip, the foscam status says ddns is successful, but I cannot access the camera externally bleh..

any suggestions?
korvin

Re: Not able to access foscam through external IP

Postby civengpe » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:26 pm

There is a good chance that you have a port conflict. LOTS of devices default to port 80. Try using something like 8080 and see if it works.

Make sure you change the setting on your camera at the same time.
civengpe

Postby korvin » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:39 pm

I've tried 8080 and 8081, I'm able to access through the lan ip: 192.168.1.103:8081 and through the modems lan ip: 10.1.10.120:8081, but not through my wan ip.
korvin

Postby alliec » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:08 pm

I am experiencing the exact same issue. I had it all set up through every single option I could find online, and nothing worked. I was able to FINALLY connect with phone support (what is WITH that hold music cycle??) and the first person had NO idea how to help me. Second person i connected with a day later, remove viewed my computer and told me everything was set up correctly, but that my modem was not set up for "full bridge mode" and told me to contact the ISP.
Contacted my ISP who told me how to put the modem into bridge mode, which killed my modem.
Bought a new modem/wireless router this morning, went through allllll of the instructions I'd gone through before, and still...nothing.
I can connect from inside the network, but not from the outside. VERY FRUSTRATING and after a week of my time trying to get it set up I'll be sending it back if they don't assist me by Monday.
There are companies out there who will match the prices and will provide ACTUAL support.
alliec

Return to Technical Support