Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

Official Optional Patch for H.264 IP Cameras on 2.x.1.116

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Official Optional Patch for H.264 IP Cameras on 2.x.1.116

Postby TheUberOverLord » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:42 am

This is an optional patch for firmware version 2.x.1.116 only. That you don't need to install unless you are encountering one of the three issues listed below and/or you wish to fortify your HTTPS access to your camera, which is using firmware version 2.x.1.116.

This is an offical patch for H.264 based IP Cameras currently being sold that are on firmware versions 2.x.1.116 produced by Foscam as an interim fix between firmware releases.

Patches are created to deal with issues between formal firmware releases. Patches can also be easily uninstalled allowing you to go back to the original firmware version that was in the camera prior to installing the patch. Without the need to reinstall that firmware version.

Please verify that your cameras is in fact on this 2.x.1.116 firmware version prior to attempting to install this patch.

If your camera is not currently on this 2.x.1.116 firmware version. Please go here for the list of firmware versions for your camera to start the firmware upgrade process to be able to install this patch:

http://www.foscam.com/down3.aspx

Details
---------

This patch fixes the following issues:

1. If you use HTTPS access methods to access your cameras. Disables SSL 3.0 when using HTTPS access methods to the camera using the Standard Camera Interface to mitigate the Poodle vulnerability.

More details about the Poodle vulnerability here:

https://www.openssl.org/~bodo/ssl-poodl ... clnk&gl=us

2. Fixes the issue where the Pan/Tilt controls are not being shown in the Standard Camera Interface.

3. Fixes the issue where the Playback tab is not being shown in the Standard Camera Interface.

How To Install This Patch
--------------------------------

Please ALWAYS use a hard-wired Ethernet connection whenever installing firmware or patches with your camera.

Unzip the .zip file below.

Using the browser interface to your camera select the "System" menu option, then choose the "Patch Installation" option then use "Browse" and select the .bin file which is in the .zip file, which must be unzipped. Then choose the "Install Patch" option.

How To Uninstall This Patch
------------------------------------

Using the browser interface to your camera select the "System" menu option, then choose the "Patch Installation" option then use the "Uninstall Patch" option.

Patch File
-------------

FosIPC_A_patch_ver2.x.1.116_1_20141030_143342.zip

Posted by Forum Moderator

Don
TheUberOverLord

Re: Official Optional Patch for H.264 IP Cameras on 2.x.1.1

Postby squallit » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:57 am

After installing the patch, I can no longer log in remotely anymore. It's just freezing at loading at log in page. Try to locally uninstall patch, it still stays the same, frozen at login page. :((. Now I can never use it remotely anymore, even though it's still working on my iPhone.
squallit

Postby david112 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:12 am

squallit wrote:After installing the patch, I can no longer log in remotely anymore. It's just freezing at loading at log in page. Try to locally uninstall patch, it still stays the same, frozen at login page. :((. Now I can never use it remotely anymore, even though it's still working on my iPhone.

What about you login in the Local with the local ip, instead of the ddns?
Did you ever try to reset your browser to have a try?
It seemed that the plugin couldn't been loaded, please remove the plugin in "Program List" of the Control Panel to have a try.
David
david112

Postby squallit » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:23 am

Update, reset my foscam FI9821w V2. Went over set up again. However, no success, it's frozen at log in page.
Then i tried to log in locally and uninstall the patch, clear browser cache and cookies, reset browser, then it works ok remotely but without pan & tilt.
I reinstall the patch again, and it keeps frozen at login page. So, there's no way to check if the patch works or not because I cannot log in.
Now I have to uninstall the patch once more time, and it works just fine remotely ( of course without pan & tilt shown up in browser).
Everything works perfect on iPhone !
squallit

Postby polandj » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:57 pm

I applied the patch too, same issue. I can no longer login. It just breifly shows the red loading spinner and then stops and does nothing. Tried clearing browser cache, same issue. Using Safari.
polandj

Postby polandj » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:19 pm

Note that I *can* login when the camera is connected via ethernet. I *cannot* login, however, if the camera is connected via wifi. Same lan, no DDNS stuff, just connection method is different.

Seems whatever logic is in there to detect wired versus wireless connection is terribly broken.
polandj

Postby david112 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:49 am

squallit wrote:Update, reset my foscam FI9821w V2. Went over set up again. However, no success, it's frozen at log in page.
Then i tried to log in locally and uninstall the patch, clear browser cache and cookies, reset browser, then it works ok remotely but without pan & tilt.
I reinstall the patch again, and it keeps frozen at login page. So, there's no way to check if the patch works or not because I cannot log in.
Now I have to uninstall the patch once more time, and it works just fine remotely ( of course without pan & tilt shown up in browser).

I got a little confuse.
You can't login remotely, but it works in local? If you can't login, how can you uninstall the patch?
David
david112

Postby squallit » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:10 am

david112 wrote:
squallit wrote:Update, reset my foscam FI9821w V2. Went over set up again. However, no success, it's frozen at log in page.

I got a little confuse.
You can't login remotely, but it works in local? If you can't login, how can you uninstall the patch?
David

Yes, I logged in locally using LAN address to uninstall the patch, then clear cache, and I can logged in remotely through ddns normally (no pan & tilt control). With the patch installed, I was not able to log in because it was stuck at the log in page with a pink circle spinning around indefinitely
squallit

Postby peterlin » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:56 am

I'm having the same problem with my FI9821W V2. Before installing the patch, connecting via the local IP address worked perfectly, but connecting using a hostname resulted in missing controls.

After installing the patch, connecting via the local IP address still works fine, but now I can't even login at all when using a hostname.
peterlin

Postby polandj » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:18 pm

peterlin wrote:I'm having the same problem with my FI9821W V2. Before installing the patch, connecting via the local IP address worked perfectly, but connecting using a hostname resulted in missing controls.

After installing the patch, connecting via the local IP address still works fine, but now I can't even login at all when using a hostname.

Ya, I thought it was wired versus wireless, but it's actually name versus IP. In my network, I have DNS names for my cameras. If I connect my web browser to the camera by name, I cannot see the PTZ controls. However, if I point the same web browser to the same camera by IP, I can see the PTZ controls. This is on the HTTP port too (not HTTPS).
polandj

Next

Return to Technical Support