Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

Wide Angle lens for FI8905W?

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Re: Wide Angle lens for FI8905W?

Postby vicw » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:37 pm

Razor512 wrote:the set of 6 lens will work on the 8904 but not the 8905 ...

Just out of curiosity, is the incompatibility with the 8905 due to the thread size, or the length of the lens?
vicw

Postby Razor512 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:20 am

it is basically the width, the cs mount is wider, other than that the actual lens size is pretty much the same.
Razor512

Postby freaky1 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:03 pm

freaky1

Postby Razor512 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:30 pm

it should work, I purchased this lens

https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.45183 which is pretty much the same as what you linked to.

I am still waiting for it to ship from china. when I get it installed, I will post sample pictures here.
Razor512

Postby Nick.T » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi all
I have put a 6 mm lens in my 905 and it works great during the day.
But I still get the polo mint effect in night vision,
has anyone got a cure for this yet, :?: I did notice that the 12 mm has a square piece of film on the back of the lens is this what is stopping the problem on the 12 mm.

I need 4 cams to protect my property but the 904 has not got the ir capability and the 905 is to narrow,
why will Foscam not step in with a solution ?? :?: :?:
Nick.T

Postby Razor512 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Nick.T wrote:Hi all
I have put a 6 mm lens in my 905 and it works great during the day.
But I still get the polo mint effect in night vision,
has anyone got a cure for this yet, :?: I did notice that the 12 mm has a square piece of film on the back of the lens is this what is stopping the problem on the 12 mm.

I need 4 cams to protect my property but the 904 has not got the ir capability and the 905 is to narrow,
why will Foscam not step in with a solution ?? :?: :?:

can you post a picture, for me, there is a tiny bit of light that spills in from the sides (not the bottom but the top since the faceplate is all 1 piece of glass and the 2 rings are glued on. the only solution to fix it is to move the lens closer to the glass. I may do that one day when I can find slightly shorter support beams which hold the sensor to the lightboard.
Razor512

Postby Nick.T » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:12 am

This is the problem i get with the 6 mm lens,

Even if i use tape and without the glass front,

As you can see the lenses are different, the one on the right is the 12mm original.

12 mm lens on the right, do not know if the little square piece you can see makes it work?

Nick.T

Postby crunch514 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:29 am

I use a 4mm lense and get the same effect only smaller than your circle (wider angle lense). I think it is the IR pattern of the IR emitters projecting out, not a reflection off the glass. The pattern is just about the diameter of the 12mm lense at long range (60-80 feet).

I'm thinking about using some black tape to restrict some of the IR emitters.

I am no camera expert, so I may be out to lunch on this, just my 2 cents!

Bill
crunch514

Postby b4rney » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:13 pm

I agree with Bill. The ring seems to be the IR lights. When viewed from the front at night the red glow is much stronger directly in front of the camera around the diameter of the 12mm zoom lens.

Maybe it is possible to simply diffuse the light by inserting a diffusing material behind the glass. Bubble wrap?

This might also reduce the glare at shorter distances too. I'm still stuck with my 12mm so can't test myself.
Barney
b4rney

Postby Razor512 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:48 pm

yep it is due to the IR lamp, the beam is more designed for the 12mm lens field of view

I have been working on finding ways around it, I will try to see if I can break the light up to make it more spread out and if now, I will look for a way to possibly attach a external ir lamp to a window or some place to aim it at the areas that need more light at night, but that is a last resort.
Razor512

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion