Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

IP keeps changing

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

IP keeps changing

Postby jbazile » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:43 pm

I am using evocam to record the video from three FO8910W cameras. The IP address keeps changing and the evocam software doesn't record the camera video when that happens.

How do I keep the IP address of the camera static? This is all wireless.
jbazile

Re: IP keeps changing

Postby pete01 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:07 am

Inside your router should be an 'address reservation' menu which allows you to permanently set IP addresses for devices on the network. That should fix the issue!
Need Help With Camera Setup? Ask here: http://www.plazor.com
How To Setup Your Foscam: http://www.plazor.com/howto/how-to-setup-your-foscam-8904w-ip-camera/
pete01

Postby grege » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:40 am

Or turn off DHCP at each camera and assign a static IP address.
grege

Postby TheUberOverLord » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:58 am

grege wrote:Or turn off DHCP at each camera and assign a static IP address.

Well, as stated in the last post here, it's a very good idea to make sure the Router/AP knows what static IP addresses are in use if the Router/AP will still be providing DHCP services, so that it will not attempt to use/assign any static IP address from the pool of IP addresses it will be using, when DHCP is in use.

If you don't do this, you can run into problems. This is because at some point in the future, the Router/AP could assign a static IP address for a camera to another device at the same time the camera is already using that same IP address.

Don
:?: Click on these links for HELP :!:
View Cameras On ANY Devices: MJPEG Cameras H.264 Cameras
How To: Setup IP Cameras Securely Display IP Cameras On Web
About Me
TheUberOverLord

Postby grege » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:28 am

So true Don. What I do is start my address range for DHCP at like 11 or higher so I have 9 or more static address numbers to assign. I usually use the mac address in the DHCP server to assign static IP addresses too. I was just pointing out another possible method. I should have adressed that point though too.
grege

Postby Robertwav1 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:13 pm

Great points all! I've noticed the static IP's have to be set up in the original software that came with the cameras. Once this is done I had to configure Blue Iris to that IP. I don't know if there is a work around for that or not but that's how I got the static IP's to work.
Robertwav1

Return to General Discussion