Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

Alarm Status None

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Alarm Status None

Postby drawde » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:32 pm

For my F18918 camera everything works fine except the alarm function. The Alarm Status in the Device Info screen says None and yet I have set the trigger in the Alarm Service Settings screen with the following setting:
Motion Detect Armed (checked)
Motion Detect Sensibility 5
Motion Compensation (checked)
Nothing else is checked on this screen. I have manually recorded video and it works fine and all other functions are normal. Any idea why the Device Info screen still says None for Alarm Status and no motion video recording is occurring? I am using UPnP successfully and use Windows 7 with IE 8 and a Buffalo wireless router.
drawde

Re: Alarm Status None

Postby Katherine22 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:47 am

The alarm system and stress of labor and materials. It may take several days to wire a cable system in the country on average than the walls should be channeled, plates, etc. .. up to the alarm system wiring. Its almost like having a new home phone. There will be a significant amount of disturbance and agitation all work in progress. In fact, this work is best done by professionals - of course, this will drive the cost too.

Alarmanlagen
Katherine22

Postby Throttle » Wed May 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Im also using a Buffalo router and have a FI8918W,
In the options on device status it says "Alarm status - None" even though in the "Alarm service settings" i have the following selected
Motion detect
sensibility 6
send mail on alarm
upload image on alarm
upload interval 1

Is that normal ? surely the Alarm status should state armed not none :?
Throttle

Postby kevinpenney » Thu May 26, 2011 8:58 am

Katherine22 wrote:The alarm system and stress of labor and materials. It may take several days to wire a cable system in the country on average than the walls should be channeled, plates, etc. .. up to the alarm system wiring. Its almost like having a new home phone. There will be a significant amount of disturbance and agitation all work in progress. In fact, this work is best done by professionals - of course, this will drive the cost too.

Alarmanlagen

WTF??? Is this supposed to be an answer of some sort?
kevinpenney

Postby muzicman61 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:01 pm

kevinpenney wrote:
Katherine22 wrote:The alarm system and stress of labor and materials. It may take several days to wire a cable system in the country on average than the walls should be channeled, plates, etc. .. up to the alarm system wiring. Its almost like having a new home phone. There will be a significant amount of disturbance and agitation all work in progress. In fact, this work is best done by professionals - of course, this will drive the cost too.

Alarmanlagen

WTF??? Is this supposed to be an answer of some sort?

It's an answer.. I'm just not sure what the question was. LOL
muzicman61

Postby foscamhb » Fri May 27, 2011 1:52 am

I have the same issue.

Mail is being send fine during "test", and I can see "motion detected" in the log. I just can't get Alarm Status to be anything but "none", so I'm not getting any mails.

It did work when I first go the unit, but I did a factory reset, restored the mail and the settings, and now it's not 'arming'.

-hb
foscamhb

Postby jeff996 » Fri May 27, 2011 5:47 pm

I am having the same problem, and can no longer arm my alarm, even with the same settings you are using. I will watch for an answer here in this thread.
jeff996

Postby maypo64 » Mon May 30, 2011 5:56 pm

Same problem here. It worked well for two weeks and then suddenly, it just stopped working. See the motion detection in the log, Get test message via email, but that is about it. Really would like to get this resolved as soon as possible.
maypo64

Postby Hawkmeister » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:20 pm

My "Alarm Status" under "Device Info" is almost always "None". Only the time when the motion sensor is actually tripped does the status change to "Motion Detect Alarm". It is simply a real time indicator of the alarm. I think it lasts for about 30 seconds each time motion is detected.

This mirrors the colored circle under "Device Status" for the associated camera when viewing the video stream (upper left corner).

If it's green, the "Alarm Status" should be "None". If it's red, the Alarm Status changes to "Motion Detect Alarm"

Am I understanding your question correctly?
Hawkmeister

Postby culdeus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:29 pm

This is happening to me as well. Only stopped working in last few days. Test email works, alarms show in log, but no alarm emails. I have no idea what could have shut down the alarm emails.

Any solution yet?
culdeus

Next

Return to General Discussion