Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

We, Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies), are an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. However, we are deeply saddened to report that, even after all of this, our overseas suppliers have decided to undercut us and supply to our major customers directly. For this reason, we have no choice but to suspend telephone support for all Foscam branded products. If you have purchased a Foscam camera directly from us or from one of our authorized retailers, technical support is still available via email at support@foscam.us.

For customers who have not purchased from us directly, we advise you to please contact Foscam Shenzhen or the distributor which you have purchased from. In the meantime, we have launched our own new brand of IP cameras called Amcrest, which has superior quality products and full telephone technical support 7 days per week. We hope you can support us in our new venture. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com.

IP address disappears and reappears in IP Camera Tool

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

IP address disappears and reappears in IP Camera Tool

Postby vjdslk » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:50 pm

I'm setting up my new F18918W camera (first timer) and everything went very well during the cabled setup. The camera works perfectly. I then started working on the wireless setup. I followed both the quick install manual and also used the blog tutorial under "support" on setting up your camera wirelessly.... http://foscam.us/blog/index.php?p=47 ?

After reboot, everything appeared to be working ok. The green light on the back of the camera is flashing quickly. When I go to find it in the IP Camera tool, the description and IP address initally are shown and then it disappears. It comes back after a number of seconds and then disappears again. There is no set pattern or time interval. The camera is literally 6 inches from the router so I don't think it is a distance issue. If I click on the device while it is displayed, it tries to open up the web page but does not bring up the log on page. The page eventually times out. I have tried various port settings...80,85, etc with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jon
vjdslk

Re: IP address disappears and reappears in IP Camera Tool

Postby vjdslk » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:07 am

Update: I have removed the software, pressed the reset button on the bottom of the camera, and tried a complete fresh install. I also disabled virus and firewall protection. Still no luck. It appears others have had difficulty getting these cameras to work wirelessly. Are there any common "gotchas" that I can try?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jon D.
vjdslk

Postby 123sich » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:36 am

Hi Jon,
did you figure it out? I'm just going through the same thing.
George
123sich

Postby mikebergey2 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:18 am

Same thing happens to me. No answers?
mikebergey2

Postby JamesT1950 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:59 pm

Both my cameras did the same thing but after a while they quit. Now, every once in a while, they disappear and reappear but not at the same and it is random. Unknown why. It seems like they are refreshing themselves.
JamesT1950

Postby mickel » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:22 am

Nice Post
If you are looking for fast success in women leather jacket exams then join today to explore complete microsoft dumps red leather skirt and passcertification on first try. A person can chose www.tabor.edu a+ training for his Goucher College
mickel

Postby pkbristol » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:31 am

6 inches from the router could be an issue, sometimes wireless devices can be too close.
Are there any other wireless networks nearby which could be causing interference ?
What channels are those networks on ?
Try to put your router on another channel on the 2.4ghz.

Paul
Paul Kellett,electrician, Bristol UK.
4 x foscam 8916W,various "android cameras", virgin media superhub in modem mode > Asus RT-N66U, tinycam monitor on android,iSPY connect on pc.
pkbristol

Return to General Discussion