Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

IP address disappears and reappears in IP Camera Tool

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

IP address disappears and reappears in IP Camera Tool

Postby vjdslk » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:50 pm

I'm setting up my new F18918W camera (first timer) and everything went very well during the cabled setup. The camera works perfectly. I then started working on the wireless setup. I followed both the quick install manual and also used the blog tutorial under "support" on setting up your camera wirelessly.... http://foscam.us/blog/index.php?p=47?

After reboot, everything appeared to be working ok. The green light on the back of the camera is flashing quickly. When I go to find it in the IP Camera tool, the description and IP address initally are shown and then it disappears. It comes back after a number of seconds and then disappears again. There is no set pattern or time interval. The camera is literally 6 inches from the router so I don't think it is a distance issue. If I click on the device while it is displayed, it tries to open up the web page but does not bring up the log on page. The page eventually times out. I have tried various port settings...80,85, etc with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jon
vjdslk

Re: IP address disappears and reappears in IP Camera Tool

Postby vjdslk » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:07 am

Update: I have removed the software, pressed the reset button on the bottom of the camera, and tried a complete fresh install. I also disabled virus and firewall protection. Still no luck. It appears others have had difficulty getting these cameras to work wirelessly. Are there any common "gotchas" that I can try?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jon D.
vjdslk

Re: IP address disappears and reappears in IP Camera Tool

Postby 123sich » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:36 am

Hi Jon,
did you figure it out? I'm just going through the same thing.
George
123sich

Return to General Discussion