Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

We, Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies), are an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. However, we are deeply saddened to report that, even after all of this, our overseas suppliers have decided to undercut us and supply to our major customers directly. For this reason, we have no choice but to suspend telephone support for all Foscam branded products. If you have purchased a Foscam camera directly from us or from one of our authorized retailers, technical support is still available via email at support@foscam.us.

For customers who have not purchased from us directly, we advise you to please contact Foscam Shenzhen or the distributor which you have purchased from. In the meantime, we have launched our own new brand of IP cameras called Amcrest, which has superior quality products and full telephone technical support 7 days per week. We hope you can support us in our new venture. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com.

FI8905W - Seem like IR Stuck on

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

FI8905W - Seem like IR Stuck on

Postby titanbry77 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 am

Hello all,

I have 6 of the FI8905W cameras and they've been great, I just put the last one up yesterday and it seems it may be having an IR problem?

At first when night came, it was not turning on the IR filter, I logged in to the camera directly and clicked the "IR On" icon and nothing happened so I clicked the "IR Off" and the night vision kicked in.

I thought this was strange since in the past on any of these cameras the "IR On/OFF" buttons have had no effect as I didn't think it was a controllable feature on the 8905W.

I tried rebooting multiple times and tried the restore factory settings option. I have the latest firmware for it, not sure what else I should do, I guess contact Foscam, it's only 2 weeks old and I bought it from them. Just didn't feel like getting the 28ft ladder out again lol.

I attached a picture, it was taken just now, it's daylight, partly/sunny.Image
titanbry77

Re: FI8905W - Seem like IR Stuck on

Postby altmanfilm » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:50 am

Hi it is the same at my cam (8904W) The buttons IR On/Off have no effect and nothing happens. The IR-Lights are on all the time and it is horrible behind the windowglass. I have also the latest firmware and web UI
Please help.
Greetings
Rene Altman
http://www.altmanfilm.de
altmanfilm

Re: FI8905W - Seem like IR Stuck on

Postby milesab » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:11 am

Hi,

I had a similar problem with my FI8910W. I took a kitchen magnet and ran it over the top of the dome until I had a click. That seems to be the IR filter moving. Then everything was back to normal. Not sure if that solution would work on your cameras but worth a try.
milesab

Return to Technical Support