Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

IP CAMERA CLIENT for VISTA?

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

IP CAMERA CLIENT for VISTA?

Postby boykiwd » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:43 am

I have Windows Vista . The CD supplied IP Camera Client with my New Foscam won't install. I tried both the XP and Windows 7 versions. Is there a solution besides giving Microsoft more money?
boykiwd

Re: IP CAMERA CLIENT for VISTA?

Postby TheUberOverLord » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:26 am

boykiwd wrote:I have Windows Vista . The CD supplied IP Camera Client with my New Foscam won't install. I tried both the XP and Windows 7 versions. Is there a solution besides giving Microsoft more money?

Please right click on the .exe and choose the "Install As Administrator" option.

Don
:?: Click on these quick links for HELP with your cameras: :!:
View Cameras On ANY Device: MJPEG Cameras H.264 Cameras
How To: Wireless Camera Setup Test and Tweak Camera Setup
About Me All of the above tools are FREE! :shock:
TheUberOverLord

Postby boykiwd » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:47 pm

I ran as admin and it does not help at all. Both the XP and WIndows 7 Versions supplied on the CD are not usable for Vista users.

Looks like the program is written to work in XP and Windows 7 but apparently no one thought about Windows Vista when they wrote it.

Is there another client that anyone would recommend?
boykiwd

Postby TheUberOverLord » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:55 pm

boykiwd wrote:I ran as admin and it does not help at all. Both the XP and WIndows 7 Versions supplied on the CD are not usable for Vista users.

Looks like the program is written to work in XP and Windows 7 but apparently no one thought about Windows Vista when they wrote it.

Is there another client that anyone would recommend?

Are your system(s) 32 or 64 bit based?

What camera models as well?

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby boykiwd » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:59 am

64 Bit OS and Vista

I have three brand new fi8910Ws (actually 2 as on one of them the IR does not work so pretty sure it is going back) and a FI8904W.

There are 2 client installs on the CD (one for XP and one for WIndows 7) and neither work on Vista. They install but crash when opened.

I then went to Foscam.com and downloaded the client 1.2.9. It installed but when trying to add a camera it says that the Device already exists.

Another thread suggests to "Run as Administrator" (even if you are one) but since I already am an Adminstrator Vista does not permit that option. I think the programmers need to try to run it in Vista and understand the situation, or make it clear that we should not even bother with the programs if we use Vista.
boykiwd

Postby TheUberOverLord » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:23 am

boykiwd wrote:64 Bit OS and Vista

I have three brand new fi8910Ws (actually 2 as on one of them the IR does not work so pretty sure it is going back) and a FI8904W.

There are 2 client installs on the CD (one for XP and one for WIndows 7) and neither work on Vista. They install but crash when opened.

I then went to Foscam.com and downloaded the client 1.2.9. It installed but when trying to add a camera it says that the Device already exists.

Another thread suggests to "Run as Administrator" (even if you are one) but since I already am an Adminstrator Vista does not permit that option. I think the programmers need to try to run it in Vista and understand the situation, or make it clear that we should not even bother with the programs if we use Vista.

Please see this:

set-recording-path-t2952.html#p13412

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby boykiwd » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Hi Don, I checked the link you showed me but I am not sure what for. I have no problem accessing the WEB UI through by browser for any of teh cameras (I am using IE8)

It is the IP Clent software that is supplied which will not load or run under Vista.

Am I missing something? Or should I just buy Blue Iris and be done with the Foscam software?
boykiwd

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:21 pm

boykiwd wrote:Hi Don, I checked the link you showed me but I am not sure what for. I have no problem accessing the WEB UI through by browser for any of teh cameras (I am using IE8)

It is the IP Clent software that is supplied which will not load or run under Vista.

Am I missing something? Or should I just buy Blue Iris and be done with the Foscam software?

Can you please check your Windows event logs for both system and application errors, when this happens. Something should be logged in them to help determine, what is going on.

I say this because I have many Windows systems, two of them being Vista and have no issues on both with this.

Do you have all Windows Updates. It would seem that something in your specific Vista setup or some anti-virus software could be the cause for this.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Return to Technical Support