Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

Foscam lost,help!

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Foscam lost,help!

Postby mighttuss » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:30 pm

I am not sure what took place so I guess I start what took place for me to post for help!
Foscam F18918W was looking a little off color and I noticed a spider web on the camera. I use the camea as a security for my family and automobiles. I took the camera out of the window where I had it placed. I sprayed some cleaner on,cause it had white stuff all over it. And the camera was very sticky. I cleaned it up,stuck it back in the window. Plugged it back up! I noticed it did not do it little dance. I thought what the crap. I came back to my computer and clicked on the software. Windows Vista pop up a screen about the foscam and the net work. So I clicked to unblock! As the first screen came up after getting to the first box on your screen,their was no mac address. So I thought well something happen,I uninstall and reinstall the software. I went to control panel,program and features and I notice that IP Camera software was not installed on my computer. I shifted in another direction and thought I had a virus. Did 2 different spyware/virus scan and found no virus our spyware. Could not explan why that installed software was gone.
1.)I reinstalled the software
2.)unplugged Foscam F18918W
3.) plugged it back in and reset for 1 min on the bottom of the camera.
4.)Clicked on the software still no Mac address,and the camera doing no dance. All lights come on.

Does anyone know what could of happen to the camera? Does anyone know how to take the camera apart? It has every signs that its working. I sure it something easy to fix,any help out their?
mighttuss

Re: Foscam lost,help!

Postby mighttuss » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:45 pm

Does anyone know how to get the camera apart? Any help would be nice. :(
mighttuss

Re: Foscam lost,help!

Postby mighttuss » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:01 pm

Update on the Foscam F18918W The camera is now working after it seem it dryed out.Now I am having a WIFI problem. All lights are working on the camera. When i go threw the steps to set up the camera on wifi,its like its changing IP address on me.
Does Foscam have any software to make sure the wifi is working on this camera? And another odd thing that showing up,the Foscam camera is showing up as Echostar Global!

I have time warner cable,I have the Arris Modem with built in Wifi!
mighttuss

Return to Technical Support