Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

Questions on the F18904 and F18905 and software

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Questions on the F18904 and F18905 and software

Postby 72_nova » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Hello Im looking for a ip based camera that i can use for both survalance and as a web cam. but with the web cam portion im woried about security. I have been looking at the F18904w with wireless. I would be the one setting up the camera and making the account with the username and password. what im worried about is if i give out that username and password to someone so they can view the cam over the web, will they have access to change the username and password, or is there a admin account then a user account? also i was woundering about with the wireless what is roughly the max range? Then would this camera work with both N or G Linksys Routers? For the survallance part of this i have read that is uses a micro sd card in the camera to record video onto when motion is detected. once that memory card is full will it automatically delete or record over the oldest video? Will the F18904w work with windows 7 or will only the F18905? Thanks in advance for all the help
72_nova

Re: Questions on the F18904 and F18905 and software

Postby 72_nova » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:59 pm

another question i have that i forgot to ask in my earlier post is, does the computer with the software installed on it have to stay running on the same network that the camera is on so it can be view via the web?
72_nova

Re: Questions on the F18904 and F18905 and software

Postby johnsjets » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:05 am

72_nova wrote:another question i have that i forgot to ask in my earlier post is, does the computer with the software installed on it have to stay running on the same network that the camera is on so it can be view via the web?

No. The camera firmware operates as it's own server.

Restricted user accounts can be set up for your casual visitors. This can be set up via the software that comes with the camera.
johnsjets

Return to General Discussion