Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

FI8918W HTML control/view - any browser (phones too) - FREE!

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Re: FI8918W HTML control/view - any browser (phones too) - F

Postby edelske » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:13 pm

wish i could help you, i have a nokia e73 which runs symbian not android.
ken
edelske

Postby bigkidd » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:48 pm

I had to sign up on this site just to let you know how helpful your commands are for anyone struggling with the Foscam brightness issue. Your commands have the potential to resolve just about any issue encountered, and with some slight tweaking, can be used to automate brightness/contrast schedules. I really appreciate it!

FYI: I'm using WGET to execute specific commands using a simple task scheduler...what a relief!
bigkidd

Postby edelske » Mon May 02, 2011 4:03 pm

image of the script menu - re-uploaded - somehow it became fuzzy
ken
edelske

Postby mike42 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:49 am

I'm not signed up to DNS, but all I do is type in my ip address in my phones browser and click the second login button to bring up my camera on my phone. Hope this will help some of you.
mike42

Postby edelske » Mon May 09, 2011 10:03 pm

mike,
that works but the functionality is limited. give a try to the little script i provided. it does lots more than just view the image.
ken
edelske

Postby Harnell » Wed May 11, 2011 9:54 am

I have been unable to get the camera to work on my WIN7 computer with IE9. The computer freezes up when ever I run the ActiveX option. I hoped this might be an alternative and after a few mistakes on my part I got it working. I have a few questions though. Can the file be modified to provide pan/tilt control? Also, can it be modified to view real time instead of just 'slow'. Thanks for your great work on this.

Harnell
Harnell

Postby bioneural » Sun May 15, 2011 9:46 am

Thanks edelske and ben.8 for putting this together. I've made some further customisations and additions and packaged the code for iPhone viewing. Available here:

http://www.bioneural.net/2011/05/15/ios ... m-fi8908w/

Kind regards, Bruce
Last edited by bioneural on Sun May 15, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bioneural

Postby edelske » Fri May 27, 2011 7:20 pm

I have almost all of the "practical" (from a cell phone) commands included in version 4. I really don't want to replicate all of the supplied interface. I feel some things are "best set" on a full PC interface. The "setup" parameters that define the unit seem more PC than cell phone. I am looking at pan and tilt, but the timing of the "start" and "stop" over a cell phone seems hard to really control. Thus, I have only included access to presets. It "might" be worthwhile to expand coverage of the SNAP SLOW and FAST options to actual frame rates. However, most of the time (eg: 99%) I only use SNAP for a quick look. Sooooo, I don't really know what enhancements are wanted.
Please, reply to this post with your thoughts and wants. If I can figure out how to code the parameters I will try to include what you want in version 5. When? I don't really know - it depends on how long it takes me to find the parameters as not all are documented in the CGI "manual".
Ken
edelske

Postby spectrumbx » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:28 pm

I just signed up to congratulate you on the great job you have done there. :)

I will play with it when I get a chance (just got my camera yesterday).
spectrumbx

Postby edelske » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:14 am

Thanks spectrumbx,

I'm putting together requests for Ver5 at this time. Is there anything you wish added to the script. So far, only a couple of requests for playing with sound enabled.
ken
edelske

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion