Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

Postby Murphburg » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:03 pm

Also forgot to mention,

The camera model I have is FI9820W with firmware version

V3.2.6.1.1-20120807

Thanks.
Murphburg

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:05 pm

Murphburg wrote:Also forgot to mention,

The camera model I have is FI9820W with firmware version

V3.2.6.1.1-20120807

Thanks.

Sadly. These instructions will only work for H.264 Foscam camera models, currently being sold. They will NOT work with your camera model. Because of that.

Since I have no access to the older H.264 Foscam camera models, no longer being sold. I have no ways to test methods for those camera models. To force install the browser plugin.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby bogus » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:36 am

Thanks for your fast reply!
It works now!
I downloaded the new plugin from the camera "http://cam-ip-address:port/plugins.pkg" , and installed the new plugin by double click on the plugins.pkg file!

But before I enabled in mac 10.9 (mavericks) under system preferences/security&privacy "allow apps downloaded from anywhere!
bogus

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:29 am

bogus wrote:Thanks for your fast reply!
It works now!
I downloaded the new plugin from the camera "http://cam-ip-address:port/plugins.pkg" , and installed the new plugin by double click on the plugins.pkg file!

But before I enabled in mac 10.9 (mavericks) under system preferences/security&privacy "allow apps downloaded from anywhere!

You are very welcome.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby Rob190 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:12 pm

I don't see it mentioned anywhere but for Firefox (v26) you need to clear the cache otherwise if you go to settings, it will stall with the message: "Downloading Device Information". I haven't seen this behaviour with IE or Chrome.
Rob190

Postby pomonabill221 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:33 pm

I have win7 64 bit.
Just purchased 2 of the FI 9821W v2 cameras. They have the latest firmware.
In Firefox 26.0, the active X control installed just fine.
In IE 11, when I connect to the camera, on the logon screen, there still is the "plugins not found, click me to download".
When I click on the link, the file that comes up as wanting to be downloaded is plugins.pkg.. NOT an extension that IE is familiar with.
The file will not install in IE.
I did use your script, the fsipcam.cab is asked it I will allow it to install, and as far as I can tell it does.
I check the Manage plugins tool and it indicates that ocxipcam control is enabled version 2.0.1.6.
What else needs to be done to get stupid IE to work!?!?!?! :evil:
pomonabill221

Postby TheUberOverLord » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:38 pm

pomonabill221 wrote:I have win7 64 bit.
Just purchased 2 of the FI 9821W v2 cameras. They have the latest firmware.
In Firefox 26.0, the active X control installed just fine.
In IE 11, when I connect to the camera, on the logon screen, there still is the "plugins not found, click me to download".
When I click on the link, the file that comes up as wanting to be downloaded is plugins.pkg.. NOT an extension that IE is familiar with.
The file will not install in IE.
I did use your script, the fsipcam.cab is asked it I will allow it to install, and as far as I can tell it does.
I check the Manage plugins tool and it indicates that ocxipcam control is enabled version 2.0.1.6.
What else needs to be done to get stupid IE to work!?!?!?! :evil:

When accessing the cameras. Please set "Compatibility" mode in IE:

More here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/inte ... e-11-win-7

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby pomonabill221 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:45 pm

Thanks Don... I'll give it a try!
pomonabill221

Postby pomonabill221 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:55 pm

Well that didn't work so well....
The only way I could turn on comp. mode was to click on the tools-compatibility view settings, and add the IP address of the camera.

Seemed to work (I saw the live video window and it did ask to install the activeX control), but IE crashes with a warning stating that IE had to close and reopen the tab.

This returns me to the camera's log in page.

A little closer but still not there.
pomonabill221

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:53 am

pomonabill221 wrote:Well that didn't work so well....
The only way I could turn on comp. mode was to click on the tools-compatibility view settings, and add the IP address of the camera.

Seemed to work (I saw the live video window and it did ask to install the activeX control), but IE crashes with a warning stating that IE had to close and reopen the tab.

This returns me to the camera's log in page.

A little closer but still not there.

It seems like you may have some system problems.

Are you current with all Windows Updates?

What version of Windows are you on and if XP what service pack?

Don
TheUberOverLord

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support