Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

FI8910W WebUI upgrade to 2.4.10.10 bricks camera

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

FI8910W WebUI upgrade to 2.4.10.10 bricks camera

Postby maxslug » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:47 am

Hello,

I downloaded the latest firmware and upgraded first the firmware bin, and then the ui bin. This was successful.

However, everytime I get to the web login screen and click the login, the webui crashes and no longer answers at port 80. The device is still pinging, so maybe it's just the webui?

I tried a hard reset (push reset button for 30 seconds and wait for the camera to do it's pan/tilt routine), but that did not help anything.

Either way the camera is a brick to me now.

Version:
MJPEG indoor PT camera-11.37.2.56-20140318.zip
firmware: 11.37.2.56
webui : 2.4.10.10

What now? Can someone provide me with a previous version of both and a non-web method of flashing them?

-m
maxslug

Re: FI8910W WebUI upgrade to 2.4.10.10 bricks camera

Postby maxslug » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:25 am

Oh and I did do the firmware update from a wired PC to the wired camera on the same subnet. The firmware updates seemed to have worked OK, because the webUI does come up... once.
maxslug

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:15 pm

maxslug wrote:Oh and I did do the firmware update from a wired PC to the wired camera on the same subnet. The firmware updates seemed to have worked OK, because the webUI does come up... once.

Please use the IP Camera Tool to re-verify that no IP Address information has changed. Including:

1. The Gateway Address.
2. The DNS Address.

Is it possible that there is some IP Address or port conflict going on with your local network that was not there before?

I ask because this firmware version has been out for some time now and you are the only one so far to have issues with it like this.

Many have installed this firmware version in their FI8910W cameras and not had this specific issue take place. Including myself.

As a test. You could use the IP Camera tool to reassign the camera a new and different IP Address and new and different port number just to see if that changes anything.

Secondly. You make no mention of what browser and version of that browser you are using that is crashing.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby maxslug » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi Don,

TheUberOverLord wrote:Please use the IP Camera Tool to re-verify that no IP Address information has changed.

IP is correct. If I reboot the camera the interface comes up for the login page once before it disappears. I use static addresses on a wired network.

Secondly. You make no mention of what browser and version of that browser you are using that is crashing.

The browser does not crash, the web server running on port 80 of the webcam crashes. For the record, I am using Firefox 29.0 on win7.

-m
maxslug

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:39 pm

maxslug wrote:Hi Don,

TheUberOverLord wrote:Please use the IP Camera Tool to re-verify that no IP Address information has changed.

IP is correct. If I reboot the camera the interface comes up for the login page once before it disappears. I use static addresses on a wired network.

The browser does not crash, the web server running on port 80 of the webcam crashes. For the record, I am using Firefox 29.0 on win7.

-m

I show Firefox 28.0 as most current version for Windows?

Please clear your browser cache for Firefox to see if it is causing any issues as well. Because I can use Firefox 28.0 without this issue with the same Web UI version and a FI9810W.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby maxslug » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:32 am

Hi Don,

Not a browser issue, but thank you for your help.

I'll talk to tech support.

-m
maxslug

Postby micahman33 » Sat May 17, 2014 3:09 pm

You ever get resolution on this? I just ran in to the exact same issue with a new FI8910W. I did the exact same thing on another cam with no issue, this new one is giving me the same issue you describe. Its almost like when I create a new user, it doesnt fully accept the change, and kicks me out to a login screen that partially loads, and whatever I attempt from there causes the unit to crash. Im using google chrome from OSX 10.9.2. I have rolled back the web firmware to 2.4.10.5 and am able to change the password/user accounts now. Any further guidance would be much appreciated.
micahman33

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sun May 18, 2014 12:53 pm

maxslug wrote:Hello,

I downloaded the latest firmware and upgraded first the firmware bin, and then the ui bin. This was successful.

However, everytime I get to the web login screen and click the login, the webui crashes and no longer answers at port 80. The device is still pinging, so maybe it's just the webui?

I tried a hard reset (push reset button for 30 seconds and wait for the camera to do it's pan/tilt routine), but that did not help anything.

Either way the camera is a brick to me now.

Version:
MJPEG indoor PT camera-11.37.2.56-20140318.zip
firmware: 11.37.2.56
webui : 2.4.10.10

What now? Can someone provide me with a previous version of both and a non-web method of flashing them?

-m

Please install the most current versions of firmware for your camera. You can use the IP Camera Tool to do this if needed:

http://www.foscam.com/down3.aspx

Afterwards please purge your browser cache and make sure that the latest ActiveX plugin is installed as well.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby gcooper » Tue May 20, 2014 8:55 am

I too am getting the same issue after updating.
    Step 1: upgrade f/w
    Step 2: upgrade webui
    Step 3: change p/w
    Step 4: now unable to login without reboot everytime.

After changing the admin password from blank to strong then the login page is accessible only once. After that, instead of an image button to login there is just the text "ok", then after that another refresh of the login page will not return "This page can't be displayed", or "The connection with the server was reset" or "The webpage is not available". My guess is that the camera's webserver is crashing.
Clearing cache and deleting cookies does not solve the problem, only rebooting the camera works and that only serves to let me login 1 time. Resetting the camera removes the p/w and allows me to login multiple times but that is not acceptable.

I don't think this is a firmware issue but a webui issue.
Firmware: 11.37.2.59
WebUI: 2.4.10.10
Browsers tried: Chrome 34, IE 11, command line telnet to port 80
Wired internal network.
New camera on a wired internal network nothing else changed (except f/w and webui), fresh out of the box.

I may try to downgrade the webui as a previous poster suggested if this doesn't get resolved any other way in a week or so.
gcooper

Postby micahman33 » Tue May 20, 2014 7:46 pm

@gcooper Once I downgraded to a lower webui, I was able to do everything I wanted (strong password, set my email alerts, save images to NAS, etc). In rethinking my steps, I may have set up my username/password before I did the upgrade of the firmware on my first unit...which could explain why i never saw the issue with the web ui. What solved the issue for me:

1. Downgraded webui to 2.4.10.5 (TheUberOverLord's link references that said UI, or you can search for it directly)
2. Set up username/password/configuration items.
3. Upgrade WebUI to 2.4.10.10.

I'm now running the current firmware, and current webui...though admittedly, I'm terrified to ever have to change my username again as I suspect there is a bug with the webUI saving that updated information. I was going to call support to hash out the issue with them, but current wait time is ESTIMATED at 77min...
micahman33

Next

Return to Technical Support