Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

tinyCam Monitor 6.6 for Android for Foscam cams

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Re: tinyCam Monitor 5.6 for Android - w/ Android Wear app

Postby t84a » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:01 pm

Ok, so I just bought a Galaxy Tab S. I installed the app. Also, I really like your video in the Play Store. Initial issue: I don't have the menu on the side so I can't select the number of cameras. I want to set to 16. How do I get the menu to appear?

Edit: I think I found it. It's 3 dots now.
t84a

Postby t84a » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:15 pm

Keeps timing out. Doesn't look like it can handle my cameras across 4 networks.
t84a

Postby alexvas » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:55 pm

t84a wrote:Keeps timing out. Doesn't look like it can handle my cameras across 4 networks.

Please contact support for troubleshooting. http://tinycammonitor.com/contacts.html
alexvas

Postby alexvas » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:56 pm

tinyCam Monitor PRO 5.7.5 submitted to Google Play.

Major changes:
1. Drawer from Material Design. Main screen removed. Now the app is fully compatible with Material Design guidelines.
2. Lost connection sound. Go to App Settings - Audio to enable it.
https://plus.google.com/116818390313397 ... 7gqudhhFij
alexvas

Re: tinyCam Monitor 5.7 for Android - Black Friday SALE! 50%

Postby alexvas » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:27 am

50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE for tinyCam Monitor PRO at Google Play!

Offer valid from now till December 1.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... as.dvr.pro
alexvas

Re: tinyCam Monitor 5.7 for Android

Postby alexvas » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:23 am

We have updated our promo video. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czo1WbWQTtk
alexvas

Postby zomg » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:12 pm

Was really looking forward to using tinyCam. Unfortunately, it failed to work altogether. :(

Running this on my Galaxy S4 android.
Camera: foscam fi9821w v2 firmware
Firmware Version: 2.11.1.10
Error: timeout, check port/ip

Copying in the port and IP information into Firefox on my phone, I find the login screen just fine. I tried rebooting the device and same issues apply. I've also tried both the free and pro versions of this app and both fail to connect. The pro version does see the camera on the search on my network, but after putting in the username/pass it goes back to the failure message. :(

----------------------------------

Solved my problem while I was typing this. I changed my password to something simple (abc123) and it worked. What has happened is that I used a 20 character alphanumeric password with special characters. However, the camera only accepts 12 characters max for a password (and 20 max for a username oddly enough). If you give it more than that, it happily truncates your password for you and doesn't tell you. Thus, the web interface works just fine but your application doesn't work.

I've seen others having this same issue lately (googling). Hopefully this information gets into the right hands and others don't waste as much time as I do in figuring out what's going on. Also, you might consider truncating user's passwords for them to help out.
zomg

Postby zomg » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:26 pm

Already posting an update.. Looks like it's more than 1 issue. Your application didn't properly handle the password "0X^oATlO0@dP". Guess I'm just going to back off from using special characters
zomg

Postby alexvas » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:38 pm

zomg wrote:Already posting an update.. Looks like it's more than 1 issue. Your application didn't properly handle the password "0X^oATlO0@dP". Guess I'm just going to back off from using special characters

What firmware version do you have?

This is Foscam firmware issue in the latest firmware.
alexvas

Postby howie411 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:00 pm

So I'm getting a weird pause every second or two with my new Foscam FI9831W and TinyCam Pro. The picture looks perfect and I'm getting between 25 and 30 FPS, and it only seems to happen on my phone (HTC One M8), the pause does not happen in console view on a computer. Any ideas?
howie411

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion