Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

New FI8910W flashing red lights

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: New FI8910W flashing red lights

Postby Zoplax » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:08 pm

Hello, I have a Foscam FI9821W which started exhibiting similar symptoms, IR LEDs flashing and red LED near the ethernet port flashing rapidly, also with a faint clicking noise.

I had a non-functional spare and tried swapping its AC adapter, magically the problem went away. Curiously an older FI8918 I have also developed this same problem around the same time.

I plan to tear down the seemingly bad AC adapter to see if I can figure out why it failed, maybe fix it. I'll post more details on the forum FWIW. :?

Flashing IR LEDS and/or rear red LED accompanied by faint clicking? Could be a failed AC adapter.

Foscam FI9821 not seeing your wireless network, or none at all? Check out my workaround, but note it may VOID the warranty.
Zoplax

Re: New FI8910W flashing red lights

Postby nicksab » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:40 am

Another success story by just swapping out the power adapter. We were just hit with a long power outage, preceded by brownouts. Maybe that damaged the old adapter. I put it on a multimeter, and it still read roughly 6V, but maybe it was flickering on and off too fast for the meter to see. In any case, I swapped it out, and the camera works just as before. THANK you to others for posting this solution and saving me time and money.
nicksab

Previous

Return to Technical Support