Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

Cannot find Camera IP

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Cannot find Camera IP

Postby Casper » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Hello,

I received two new F18918W cameras this morning. I followed the instructions but cant see the IP address in the IP Camera Tool. I've spent several hours trying everything I can think of but no luck.

I've tried both cameras,

I've changed the LAN cables.

I've tried two different routers.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.

I've got the Windows Defender firewall disabled as well as AVG virus protection.

I have DHCP enabled in my router.

MAC filtering is turned off.

I also have the firewall in the router disabled.

I'm running IE 9.

When I run the "IP Camera Tool" nothing happens how ever long it sits there. It shows absolutly no results.

I'm just about at my wits end here. What am I doing wrong???

Thank you...
Casper

Re: Cannot find Camera IP

Postby CamUser » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:43 pm

Why do you need to see them in the IP Cam tool?

You should be able to look in your router's DHCP list and find the IP addresses for the units, then type that directly into a browser address bar to get the camera log in screen.

Then set a fixed IP address for each camera.
CamUser

Postby Casper » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Why do you need to see them in the IP Cam tool?
Because that is what the instructions told me to do. I'm no expert here. I'm just following the instructions.
You should be able to look in your router's DHCP list and find the IP addresses for the units, then type that directly into a browser address bar to get the camera log in screen.
Then set a fixed IP address for each camera.
I half understand what you mean. I'll give it a try. To me this is not "Quick and Easy Set up" It may be quick and easy if the instructions / software worked or if I were an experet in networking.

Thank you.
Casper

Postby FOSCAM » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:14 am

1. Try to reset it. Keep the power on of the camera, hold down the reset bottom (the reset button is on the bottom of the camera) about 30 seconds and then release it.

2. Check connection. Camera and computer are in the same network, another word; they are connected to the same router. Camera only patrol when camera restart. The red power light is on, green network light is blinking, green light on RJ-45 Ethernet cable is on and orange one is blinking slowly.
If still nothing on IP camera tool, access to router and check can you see camera’s mac address and IP on DHCP list? If there is the IP address, please open a web page and access camera with the IP address.

If not, Connect camera to computer directly and turn off firewall and antivirus software to check is there any information on camera tool.
FOSCAM

Return to Technical Support