Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

PTZ / Preset Control Panel Utility

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

PTZ / Preset Control Panel Utility

Postby bartstrt » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:35 am

Does anyone know of a stand alone utility that can be used to control PTZ and the presets without any sort of video interface ie. a simple PTZ/Preset Console. Or it not, do you know anybody who may have the know-how to create a small program that would do that? I am using YAWCAM on a desktop at my home, but it doesn't have any ptz / preset functionality with it, so a standalone simple PTZ program would be just the thing for it. I know many of the softwares have something like this built in, its just a matter of figuring out how to pull it out and use an interface that would be simple as a standalone "control panel"

Thanks!
bartstrt

Re: PTZ / Preset Control Panel Utility

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:41 am

bartstrt wrote:Does anyone know of a stand alone utility that can be used to control PTZ and the presets without any sort of video interface ie. a simple PTZ/Preset Console. Or it not, do you know anybody who may have the know-how to create a small program that would do that? I am using YAWCAM on a desktop at my home, but it doesn't have any ptz / preset functionality with it, so a standalone simple PTZ program would be just the thing for it. I know many of the softwares have something like this built in, its just a matter of figuring out how to pull it out and use an interface that would be simple as a standalone "control panel"

Thanks!

You are very welcome.

Please see this free Interface I created, it has many features.

You can review the HTML source code, if needed to see how it was done. It includes preset controls:

http://foscam.us/forum/free-generic-browser-interface-for-foscam-ip-mjpeg-cameras-t2522.html

You could simply hide the video window and other controls can be easily disabled using the Interface configuration options, and then using a Operator User Level Id with the Interface, only show preset controls.

I recently created another free Interface that also can use preset and/or patrol loops.

While there are no controls in the UI ("User Interface") of this Interface, it does show how you could use them. You can view the HTML source code of this Interface, as well:

free-mjpeg-goto-different-presets-loop-interface-t3403.html

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby bartstrt » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:01 pm

Thanks Don,

I had actually found those on the forum and had been trying to figure out how to maniuplate them. These are however HTML, and I was hoping someone with the know-how had programmed a simple streamlined stand alone .exe to do this outside of using a browser with all of the menus, favorites, etc. of the browser.

Thanks again for all your help this morning!
bartstrt

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:26 pm

bartstrt wrote:Thanks Don,

I had actually found those on the forum and had been trying to figure out how to maniuplate them. These are however HTML, and I was hoping someone with the know-how had programmed a simple streamlined stand alone .exe to do this outside of using a browser with all of the menus, favorites, etc. of the browser.

Thanks again for all your help this morning!

You are very welcome.

Please see the next post. I created an Interface for this.

I personally am not aware of anything else that is available, that has no other abilities, other than to go to presets.

Don
Last edited by TheUberOverLord on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheUberOverLord

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:00 pm

Get All My Foscam IP Camera Developer Examples Bundled Together With One Hour Of One-On-One Support To Implement Them Click Here!

Note: Both of the Interfaces shown here can be downloaded at once as well, using this .zip file:

http://www.saveontelephonebills.com/camera/PreSetControls.zip

Here is an example that does what you want, I created, just now.

You MUST use a Operator or Admin Level User Id, with this Interface, because Visitor User Level Ids are NOT allowed to use presets.

You can delete any presets you don't want to use/display easily enough, by modifying the HTML source code and if needed and also change the window height/width size, to compensate for fewer controls.

To download your copy of this example, please right-click on the link below and choose "Save Target As". Then edit what you saved using for example, Windows Notepad.

http://www.saveontelephonebills.com/camera/Presets.htm

You can leave the user and pwd fields blank, this Interface will then prompt for you to logon, with any browser besides a Chrome based browser. To use this Interface with a Chrome based browser you must include the user and pwd information, with this Interface.

You can change the width and height of the browser window that opens as well, with the Interface configuration options.

You can use your Local IP address and port from within your local network, or your ISP IP address and port for your camera or your DDNS and port for the camera, from outside your local network.

This Interface has access to all 16 of the presets available to your camera. The Standard camera Interface that comes with the cameras usually only has a UI ("User Interface") to set/use 4-6 of the total 16 presets that are available.

I created another Interface just now, that can set ALL 16 of your camera presets as well here:

http://www.saveontelephonebills.com/cam ... resets.htm

You can save and edit the above, the same way as for the first link posted here.

If you are using IE ("Internet Explorer") as your browser, with this Interface and you wish to remove the Internet Explorer warning message that says "Internet Explorer restricted this web page from running scripts or ActiveX controls" Please do this:

Using an Internet Explorer window, If you go to Internet Options->Advanced, scroll down to the security section there should be an option Allow active content to run in files on My Computer. Enabling this should allow them to run.

I don't like creating things that can't work on any Internet browser capable device, when possible.

Which is why I like using HTML for simple examples like this vs. creating a .exe that can only work on Windows based systems whereas, this will work on any Internet browser capable device, using any Operating System, using any browser. So all Foscam MJPEG based camera owners can use these Interfaces, when/if needed.

It also shows how easy it really is, to Interface to these cameras as well.

Additionally, it now becomes easier to use this Interface that can chain presets and patrols together, with your own delay times vs. simply being limited to horizontal and vertical patrols, which might cover many dead areas, in your cameras frame of view. More here about that Interface:

http://foscam.us/forum/free-mjpeg-goto-different-presets-loop-interface-t3403.html

Don
TheUberOverLord

Return to Technical Support