Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

Real Time multi device monitoring system

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Real Time multi device monitoring system

Postby eliv » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi,
I have set up the all 4 cams and did forward ports. I can see all 4 cams on safari but no sound as well as in Chrome, but still the best is via IE on the Monitoring system, BUT over the internet it only loads the cam that i have logged in though such as cam 1 so there is only green light on the device status for only the cam that logged in from and the other 3 are in yellow, stating "1:Fail to connect to the device:Can't connect to the device."
That appears 3 times for the other 3 cameras that cannot connect for some reason.
If I am in the network at home it connects no problems, but externally it doesn't.

Can i get some help please how to be able to see my 4 cams altogether.

2nd question is there anyway i can get sound on Chrome, or in the Iphone/IPAD as as far as i understand audio is only available on IE?

Thanks in advance.
eliv

Re: Real Time multi device monitoring system

Postby Zerone » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:56 pm

eliv wrote:BUT over the internet it only loads the cam that i have logged in though such as cam 1 so there is only green light on the device status for only the cam that logged in from and the other 3 are in yellow, stating "1:Fail to connect to the device:Can't connect to the device."
That appears 3 times for the other 3 cameras that cannot connect for some reason.
If I am in the network at home it connects no problems, but externally it doesn't.

To view all your cameras in a multiview format from the Internet you need to enter the external WAN IP of the additional cameras in the multi-device settings page.

eliv wrote:2nd question is there anyway i can get sound on Chrome, or in the Iphone/IPAD as as far as i understand audio is only available on IE?

I don't use Chrome, but the iPad/iPhone app "IP Cam Viewer" includes two-way audio.
Zerone

Re: Real Time multi device monitoring system

Postby mycam » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Upgrade your camera to the new firmware to get audio on firefox/google chrome.
You can download the new firmware here:
http://www.foscam.com/help.aspx?TypeID=11
mycam
Admin

Re: - AUDIO - Real Time multi device monitoring system

Postby mike7532 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:04 pm

I could not get audio to work on any Mac OSX Browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari), regardless of which plug-ins I installed/enabled/disabled. However the Foscam tech support provided a solution using the VLC app (NOT the VLC plug-in for a browser), and it works:

Make sure you have the latest version of VLC: 1.1.9 [now 1.1.12].

1.) Open up VLC player, from the menu bar on the top of the screen click on "FILE" ---> "Open Network"

2.) Type in http://ipcam_url/videostream.asf?user=u ... d=password in the URL field.

3.) Type YOUR foscams ip address and don't forget the :8080 <-- at the end to designate port number

3.) Type in YOUR username after user= and type in YOUR password after pwd=

4.) click Open and you should be good to go. If you wish to save your stream to file, check the "Streaming/Saving" box and select where you wish to save the file to, and check in the box "Display Stream Locally" if you wish to watch the stream as it records.

Summary: So if I had my foscam set at port 1080 and username is admin and password is mac, this is what I would input to VLC:

http://192.168.1.5:1080/videostream.asf ... in&pwd=mac
mike7532

Return to Technical Support