Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

RTSP Strream for new HD CAMS stopped working

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

RTSP Strream for new HD CAMS stopped working

Postby Minglarn » Sun May 18, 2014 1:01 am

Hi all, I've been streaming the RTSP stream from my 9831W cam from my raspberry's for a long time now. Yesterday I decided to upgrade one of my 9831W to the latest FW. After the upgrade the raspberry (running XBMC) can't show the RTSP stream any longer. Don't know why but the stream works using PC vlc.

Please help, I even tried using omxplayer but no success.
Minglarn

Re: RTSP Strream for new HD CAMS stopped working

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sun May 18, 2014 12:49 pm

Minglarn wrote:Hi all, I've been streaming the RTSP stream from my 9821W cam from my raspberrys for a long time now. Yesterday I decided to upgrade one of my 9831W to the latest FW. After the upgrade the raspberry (running XBMC) can't show the RTSP stream any longer. Don't know why but the stream works using PC vlc.

Please help, I even tried using omxplayer but no success.

Please contact the 3rd party software vendor that this is failing with now to see if they have any fix/solution.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby Minglarn » Sun May 18, 2014 12:50 pm

Will do that, but it would be great to know what is changed in the RTSP stream for the latest FW upgrade for HD cams.
Minglarn

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sun May 18, 2014 1:36 pm

Minglarn wrote:Will do that, but it would be great to know what is changed in the RTSP stream for the latest FW upgrade for HD cams.

I agree. Will ask for details as well.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby Leopold » Sun May 25, 2014 5:38 am

I have also noticed this issue with the latest firmware. On Raspberry Pi (omxplayer or XBMC) the stream is a blank screen. On other Linux platforms I can see the video but there is no sound.

This latest firmware is a complete disaster and such a serious regression makes me wonder whether they even bother testing at all!
Leopold

Postby Minglarn » Tue May 27, 2014 3:50 pm

I did post a mail to support, and here are the answer:

Our R&D team confirmed we've updated the live555 library to support more NVR/NAS.
Turns out we can compatible with more popular NVR/NAS and 3rd party softwares.
However, we have not found the real reason why there is issue when using XBMC.
Sorry for that!

This is not good enough. I wounder why VLC don't have any issues.
It could be that omxplayer has to be updated...
Minglarn

Postby TheUberOverLord » Tue May 27, 2014 4:46 pm

Minglarn wrote:I did post a mail to support, and here are the answer:

Our R&D team confirmed we've updated the live555 library to support more NVR/NAS.
Turns out we can compatible with more popular NVR/NAS and 3rd party softwares.
However, we have not found the real reason why there is issue when using XBMC.
Sorry for that!

This is not good enough. I wounder why VLC don't have any issues.
It could be that omxplayer has to be updated...

This is my point.

It could be that this 3rd party software is not dealing with the live555 protocol properly and that VLC is.

Meaning. That the 3rd party software needs to deal with/be using, the latest live555 library.

I can assure you that FFmpeg older and newer versions also have no issues with the latest Foscam firmware as well. Nor did FFmpeg have issues with prior Foscam firmware versions.

So if VLC and FFmpeg have no issues with past and current Foscam H.264 firmware. Where is the "issue"? IMHO it's with this 3rd party software and not anywhere else.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Return to Technical Support