Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

Setting up multiple cameras

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Setting up multiple cameras

Postby dseg42 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Hello,
I bought my first foscam FI8918W last week and have everything working with dyn.org, it works on any computer through the web browser and also my iPhone. I was so happy with it that I bought another one and was wondering how I set up multiple cameras. Do I only need one Dyn.org account? Do I need to login a separate time to view the other camera?

How do I just add the new camera? I think I need to forward another different port for the new camera like what I did for the first one. Is anyone able to give detailed instructions on how do add another camera? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.
dseg42

Re: Setting up multiple cameras

Postby PcolaSteve » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:06 pm

I am trying to get an answer for this myself. I too have a dyndns.org account and can only view one camera even though all of my cameras have static IPs and individual ports assigned. Port forwarding has been completed on my router as well.

A new problem is that everytime I have tried to connect to my dyndns.org account remotely it is timing out. I have even had someone in a different state try it and it timed out for him also.

Finally, to make sure we are on the same page here, issue wise; are you trying to see multiple cams on dyndns.or as you do on your local machine? I mean are you choosing the setting in your program to view multiple cams on one screen?
PcolaSteve

Postby billkater » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:04 am

dseg42 wrote:Hello,
I bought my first foscam FI8918W last week and have everything working with dyn.org, it works on any computer through the web browser and also my iPhone. I was so happy with it that I bought another one and was wondering how I set up multiple cameras. Do I only need one Dyn.org account? Do I need to login a separate time to view the other camera?

Only one Dyn.org account is needed. What it is doing is pointing www.yourwebsitename.Dyn.org to your IP address. If you put the port number behind it http://www.yourwebsitename.Dyn.org:8080 you are telling your router to forward the request to whatever you have that port number set up for.

dseg42 wrote:How do I just add the new camera? I think I need to forward another different port for the new camera like what I did for the first one. Is anyone able to give detailed instructions on how do add another camera? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

To add a new camera just setup the camera like the first one but use a different local ip address.(192.168.1.xxx) Use a static ip address for each camera. Allowing the router to assign your ip addresses (DNS) may make them change and then your cameras will quit working with port forwarding. Then setup a new port forwarding rule in your router to point to that local ip address.

Mine are setup as below:

Cam 1 - 192.168.1.31:8081
Cam 2 - 192.168.1.32:8082
Cam 3 - 192.168.1.33:8083
Cam 4 - 192.168.1.34:8084

I had to use the 8081, 8082, 8083, 8084 ports as they would not work with 81, 82, 83, 84

Hope this helps.
Last edited by billkater on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billkater

Postby dseg42 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:41 pm

I cant get my other camera signed up with the same dyndns.org. Keeps saying i have an incorrect user name or password. i have the same user name and password for my other camera. But if i go to my dyndns.org website for my camera it works.
dseg42

Postby billkater » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:57 pm

you should only have to setup one camera at dyndns.org. all it is doing is pointing to your current ip address. the port number is what points to the camera on your home network.
billkater

Return to General Discussion