Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

Subnet does not match error on install

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Subnet does not match error on install

Postby Slarson » Tue May 10, 2011 12:36 pm

I just received the camera and tried to install it last night. I have a windows 7 computer. I installed the ip software, rebooted my computer, and when I tried to open it, it says subnet does not match, I tried to change the subnet as well as the ip address, none of which worked. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall a few times, and I got the same thing. I did try another cam before this one, and it didn't work. I had just deleted the UPnP settings for the previous cam. Any suggestions??
Slarson

Re: Subnet does not match error on install

Postby Slarson » Tue May 10, 2011 12:56 pm

I would just delete this post, but figure another may find it through a search. The how to guide that comes with the camera does not address this issue, but the online support on here does. I will follow those directions and reply tonight if it doesn't work.

http://foscam.us/blog/index.php?p=26?
Slarson

Postby Slarson » Tue May 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Still unable to get the program to work. I have tried this on two computers, same result. Once I get to the point I was at in the end of the first post, it either says that the Gateway settings is illegal(change subnet to match mine as read in ipconfig), that the user name and password is incorrect (I am logging into my router??); and when I ask it to find the ip and DCHP, the warning goes away and then when I restart the program, it reappears. Subnet doesn't match, dbclick to change. Any suggestions?
Slarson

Postby Slarson » Wed May 11, 2011 9:44 am

Update:

Since I posted this, I have also tried to locate the camera on my router through the attached devices option on my router homescreen. Even though the camera is physically connected to the router, was showing a green light, and started to move around on its own (is anyone out there watching me?), I was not able to locate it on my router at all. I am at a complete lost... I sure wish there was someone I could call or email that could help me with his.... (hint hint)
Slarson

Return to General Discussion