Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

Postby pomonabill221 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:02 am

Like I posted before, I am running win7 64 ultimate.
Yes, I have all the updates.
This is happening on 2 different computers.

I HATE IE! I will be using a real software package that can use the camera, this way I don't have to screw around with IE.

Problem solved!
pomonabill221

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:50 am

pomonabill221 wrote:Like I posted before, I am running win7 64 ultimate.
Yes, I have all the updates.
This is happening on 2 different computers.

I HATE IE! I will be using a real software package that can use the camera, this way I don't have to screw around with IE.

Problem solved!

While you mention the Plugin version. What are the firmware versions currently running in the camera?

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby hottroc » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:40 am

hottroc wrote:Please will you add how to install the plugin in Safari on an Android device? Pointing it to plugins.pkg initiates the download but the download just keeps failing.
Thanks.

Is this possible yet?
Thanks.
hottroc

Postby ultrajones » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:13 pm

I am using Windows 8.1 with IE 11. The plug-in worked fine prior to upgrading the firmware on my FI9826W camera. However, now when I open a connection to my camera after the upgrade, I always get prompted to install the plug-in. Unfortunately, the methods for manually installing the plug-in does not seem to do anything. In addition, I have no means of removing the plug-ins from the IE 11 > Manage add-ons dialog. The only option I see is "disable". Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ultrajones
ultrajones

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:16 pm

ultrajones wrote:I am using Windows 8.1 with IE 11. The plug-in worked fine prior to upgrading the firmware on my FI9826W camera. However, now when I open a connection to my camera after the upgrade, I always get prompted to install the plug-in. Unfortunately, the methods for manually installing the plug-in does not seem to do anything. In addition, I have no means of removing the plug-ins from the IE 11 > Manage add-ons dialog. The only option I see is "disable". Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ultrajones

Please use IE ("Internet Explorer") compatibility view:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11-win-7

Note: It applies to Windows 8 as well.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby wweldin » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:17 pm

I think for IE all you have to do is remove the plugin. This will force a reload next time you open the camera tool.
wweldin

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:23 pm

wweldin wrote:I think for IE all you have to do is remove the plugin. This will force a reload next time you open the camera tool.

This is not correct. Please see my prior post here.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby ultrajones » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:48 pm

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, adding the IP address for my camera to the IE 11 compatibility list does not work. I see the exact same install prompt and the plug-in does not initialize.

Regards,
Ultrajones
ultrajones

Postby ultrajones » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:56 pm

Wow, finally figured it out. I ran the command prompt as administrator, then:

Code: Select all
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd ..

C:\Windows>cd "Downloaded Program Files"

C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files>del ocxIPcam.ocx

C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files>

I then visited the camera web page, and it installed properly! :D

Regards,
Ultrajones
ultrajones

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:17 pm

ultrajones wrote:Wow, finally figured it out. I ran the command prompt as administrator, then:

Code: Select all
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd ..

C:\Windows>cd "Downloaded Program Files"

C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files>del ocxIPcam.ocx

C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files>

I then visited the camera web page, and it installed properly! :D

Regards,
Ultrajones

Please note. I have this camera model and have upgraded to this firmware version in the past.

You should have been able to delete the ActiveX plugin from IE "Manage Ad Ons" without the need to do this brute force delete.

You must have had a very old ActiveX module as well installed.

Don
TheUberOverLord

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support