Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

Postby nba18 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:32 pm

hottroc wrote:
hottroc wrote:Please will you add how to install the plugin in Safari on an Android device? Pointing it to plugins.pkg initiates the download but the download just keeps failing.
Thanks.

Is this possible yet?
Thanks.

any update??
nba18

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:09 pm

nba18 wrote:
hottroc wrote:
hottroc wrote:Please will you add how to install the plugin in Safari on an Android device? Pointing it to plugins.pkg initiates the download but the download just keeps failing.
Thanks.

Is this possible yet?
Thanks.

any update??

Plugins do not work on mobile devices.

You will need to use Foscams free app for android:

http://foscam.us/forum/foscam-own-developed-free-android-app-foscam-viewer-t6502.html#p31489

Or a third-party application.

There is also a free app by Foscam for iOS as well:

http://foscam.us/forum/foscam-own-developed-free-ios-app-foscam-viewer-t7823.html#p37715

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby hottroc » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:13 pm

OK, thanks.
Are there any plans to change the situation or is it beyond Foscam's control?
hottroc

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:21 pm

hottroc wrote:OK, thanks.
Are there any plans to change the situation or is it beyond Foscam's control?

You are very welcome.

Not sure what you mean?

Are you saying that you have a device that is currently not supported?

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby hottroc » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:44 am

TheUberOverLord wrote:Not sure what you mean?

Are you saying that you have a device that is currently not supported?

I meant are there any plans to create support for viewing in Safari on an Android device? If you can view in Safari on a Mac why not on an Android?

Being able to view the same way over different devices creates a continuity of experience, which I prefer to using different apps for each device. Where possible. And in my experience so far the apps that support these cameras are a totally different UI to the UI supported via browsers.
hottroc

Postby and » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:02 am

Hi,
the latest update for my FI9821W V2 brought web plugin version 2.0.1.5.
Now I've purchased FI9828W, which came with web plugin 2.0.1.7.
As there is recommendation to use web UI with the plugin on the respective camera, shall I run one browser with 2.0.1.5 for 9821 and another browser with 2.0.1.7 for 9828?
Or will the latest version of the plugin work for all cameras in one browser?
Thnx
Andrej
and

Postby 10acimport » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:13 pm

stonefox wrote:Hi - I don't understand this:

FireFox
Code: Select all
http://IPAddress:Port/plugins.xpi

The file I'm downloading is empty and fills 0 KB?

Se attach :

My cam is a Foscam FI9821W V2

This is the same for me . When I download it says 0bytes , now I know why it will not install. Why is the plugins link sending me to 0 byte file ?
10acimport

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:39 pm

What versions of firmware show installed in your camera?

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby satnav4 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:21 pm

The below instructions are not working for me. When I put the command in a Chrome address box, it just does an internet search. "Using the legend above" makes no sense to me. Is there a special box other than the Chrome address box to insert the commands? When opening the address of my camera in Chrome, there is no plugin and no image. I just loaded the latest firmware on a 9821. I run Windows 7, 64 bit. I tried Chrome because the IE browser installed the wrong plugin, and I can't fix that either. At least IE works, but I would like the correct plugin. I show the following in IE:

The plugin is supposed to be 2.0.1.10.

If there is a trick to fix IE, other than that shown on the page 1 post, that help would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

S.

"Chrome

Using the legend above. Do this command from any browser window and save the file as a download when prompted:

http://IPAddress:Port/plugins.crx

When prompted, save the file.

Open the folder where the file above is downloaded.

Open a Chrome browser window and enter:

chrome://extensions/

You should now have a window of where plugins.crx was download opened and a Chrome windows that shows any extensions you have.

Right click, holding your mouse button down, on the filename of the file you just downloaded, plugins.crx and and drag it over the Chrome extensions window. Let go of your mouse button and you should see a small window asking you to add IPCAM. Click the Add button.

Only IF the above worked. If you have any other IPCAM extensions that are present. Unclick the enable check box and then click on the trash can to remove them.

You now have the latest browser plugin for Chrome for your H264 based camera. Please close ANY Chrome windows you have open to make sure that the new plugin loads in Chrome. Using the standard camera interface, in Chrome, go to your device info screen and make sure Chrome shows that the version number that showed in the Extensions page of Chrome, matches what the Camera shows."
satnav4

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:29 pm

satnav4 wrote:The below instructions are not working for me. When I put the command in a Chrome address box, it just does an internet search. "Using the legend above" makes no sense to me. Is there a special box other than the Chrome address box to insert the commands? When opening the address of my camera in Chrome, there is no plugin and no image. I just loaded the latest firmware on a 9821. I run Windows 7, 64 bit. I tried Chrome because the IE browser installed the wrong plugin, and I can't fix that either. At least IE works, but I would like the correct plugin. I show the following in IE:

The plugin is supposed to be 2.0.1.10.

If there is a trick to fix IE, other than that shown on the page 1 post, that help would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

S.

"Chrome

Using the legend above. Do this command from any browser window and save the file as a download when prompted:

http://IPAddress:Port/plugins.crx

When prompted, save the file.

Open the folder where the file above is downloaded.

Open a Chrome browser window and enter:

chrome://extensions/

You should now have a window of where plugins.crx was download opened and a Chrome windows that shows any extensions you have.

Right click, holding your mouse button down, on the filename of the file you just downloaded, plugins.crx and and drag it over the Chrome extensions window. Let go of your mouse button and you should see a small window asking you to add IPCAM. Click the Add button.

Only IF the above worked. If you have any other IPCAM extensions that are present. Unclick the enable check box and then click on the trash can to remove them.

You now have the latest browser plugin for Chrome for your H264 based camera. Please close ANY Chrome windows you have open to make sure that the new plugin loads in Chrome. Using the standard camera interface, in Chrome, go to your device info screen and make sure Chrome shows that the version number that showed in the Extensions page of Chrome, matches what the Camera shows."

You are very welcome.

Sadly. With no details of "any" kind it's impossible to help. It's no less equal to "My car has stopped working".

What happens when you tried?

What versions of the browsers do you have?

What error messages and/or feedback from the browsers do you see when your attempts fail?

If needed please re-read the first post which you copied partial content from here. It has a "Legend" which explains the values required to enter in your browser window:

the-how-to-install-browser-plugins-all-h-264-cameras-t7272.html

Don
TheUberOverLord

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support