Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Re: The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

Postby jegger79 » Fri May 30, 2014 10:20 am

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed the latest App firmware (2.x.1.10) for the FI9821W V2. I see the plugin is now bundled in .exe installer for browsers. That works great at home where I have administrator access but is their a way to install the extension as previous without running an executable (requires administrator account). I'm not picky about which browser but I typically use Chrome or IE.

Thanks for your help.
jegger79

Postby buythisdashcam » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:38 pm

Thank you !

But can someone confirm that even on Firefox the old plugin does not work anymore ?

It is not possible to use it on Chrome because it is automatically uninstalled for safety reasons, but not on Firefox it seems.

Cheers.
buythisdashcam

Postby EVines » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:53 pm

For those of you using Internet Explorer 11, this fixed my issue with installing ActiveX:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/f ... cb5a3f2e36
EVines

Postby RottenMutt » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:15 pm

if i "force the ActiveX plugin", how do i remove the plugin?
RottenMutt

Postby gogetit_z » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:08 am

how do i install a downloaded plugins.pkg to a phone like Samsung S5?
gogetit_z

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:24 am

RottenMutt wrote:if i "force the ActiveX plugin", how do i remove the plugin?

If a formal plugin is installed in a browser. Then you would need to use that browser to delete that plugin.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby TheUberOverLord » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:31 am

gogetit_z wrote:how do i install a downloaded plugins.pkg to a phone like Samsung S5?

This is not possible. The browser plugins only work on full-blown Windows or Mac computer systems.

For mobile devices you would need to install other applications. Some being free or some being 3rd party applications:

http://www.foscam.com/down5.aspx

This is free as well and works on any Internet browser capable device from Computers to Tablets and Phones to TVs:

http://foscam.us/forum/free-generic-browser-interface-for-foscam-fi9821w-cameras-t4341.html

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby mctaurus13 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:23 pm

Hello,
I recently received my brand new FI9831P V2. Access with Chrome Version 42.0.2311.90 m was working prior to upgrading the Firmware. I was having issues writing to the SD card, so I decided to upgrade from what was preloaded (Application Firmware Version 2.21.1.12_p1) to 2.21.1.143.
Chrome is no longer working, prompting me to install the plug-in every time I attempt to login. When attempting to download the plug-in it gives me a link to an executable (IPCWebComponents.exe). I have cleared my cache and cookies, I have tried removing this program (both versions) from my Windows 7 64 bit machine and have reinstall it to no avail. I also attempted to force install the plug-in via the legend in the original post with the correct IP and Port (http://192.168.1.89:88/plugins.crx). I am getting a 404 - Not Found. I have also tried rebooting the camera, resetting the camera to defaults and re-flashing the firmware. Does Chrome work with this "newest" firmware version? And if so how can I get it to work?
Thanks in advance.
mctaurus13

Postby SCADAMON » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:07 pm

try this...
9821w-plugins-are-not-found-chrome-t13129.html

mctaurus13 wrote:Hello,
I recently received my brand new FI9831P V2. Access with Chrome Version 42.0.2311.90 m was working prior to upgrading the Firmware. I was having issues writing to the SD card, so I decided to upgrade from what was preloaded (Application Firmware Version 2.21.1.12_p1) to 2.21.1.143.
Chrome is no longer working, prompting me to install the plug-in every time I attempt to login. When attempting to download the plug-in it gives me a link to an executable (IPCWebComponents.exe). I have cleared my cache and cookies, I have tried removing this program (both versions) from my Windows 7 64 bit machine and have reinstall it to no avail. I also attempted to force install the plug-in via the legend in the original post with the correct IP and Port (http://192.168.1.89:88/plugins.crx). I am getting a 404 - Not Found. I have also tried rebooting the camera, resetting the camera to defaults and re-flashing the firmware. Does Chrome work with this "newest" firmware version? And if so how can I get it to work?
Thanks in advance.
SCADAMON

Postby mctaurus13 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:33 am

Yes, that was it. Many thanks.
mctaurus13

Previous

Return to Technical Support