Foscam Forum • View topic - The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

Postby TheUberOverLord » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:26 pm

You may wish to Bookmark this page. So that if you have any need in the future, to manually force install a browser plugin for ANY of your H.264 based Foscam camera models. That you have a reference back to here.

Please always read the documentation included with a firmware update. It should show what plugin versions should be present after that firmware is installed.

These instructions, pull the browser plugins directly from your H.264 based cameras. So you know that they match what they should be. These instructions work for ALL Foscam H.264 based cameras and can be used to manually force install, any of the browser plugins that the cameras support.

When you install new firmware for the H.264 based cameras. In many cases, not all. There are also new browser plugins that can come with those firmware updates.

If you Don't install these browser plugins or they fail to install themselves. Your camera may not work properly. When accessing the standard camera interface, in browsers, that come with the cameras. Because the firmware in the camera, cannot communicate correctly, with the browsers you use.

Please see the section(s) that apply to installing the browser plugin for ANY Foscam H.264 based camera model below using the Legend below and replacing those values, with the values for your camera.

If you use multiple browsers. You may need to manually install more then one browser plugin below.

If you find that you browser plugin versions don't match what the firmware documentation says they should be. You can use these instructions anytime in the future as well to manually or force install, these browser plugins.

Legend

IPAddress - The Local IP Address of your camera from within your local network or your ISP IP Address or DDNS Address for your camera.

Port - The Port for your camera.

Chrome

Using the Legend above. Do this command from any browser window and save the file as a download when prompted:

Code: Select all
http://IPAddress:Port/plugins.crx

When prompted, save the file.

Open the folder where the file above is downloaded.

Open a Chrome browser window and enter:

chrome://extensions/

You should now have a window of where plugins.crx was download opened and a Chrome windows that shows any extensions you have.

Right click, holding your mouse button down, on the filename of the file you just downloaded, plugins.crx and and drag it over the Chrome extensions window. Let go of your mouse button and you should see a small window asking you to add IPCAM. Click the Add button.

Only IF the above worked. If you have any other IPCAM extensions that are present. Unclick the enable check box and then click on the trash can to remove them.

You now have the latest browser plugin for Chrome for your H264 based camera. Please close ANY Chrome windows you have open to make sure that the new plugin loads in Chrome. Using the standard camera interface, in Chrome, go to your device info screen and make sure Chrome shows that the version number that showed in the Extensions page of Chrome, matches what the Camera shows.

FireFox

Using the Legend above. Do this command from any browser window and save the file as a download when prompted:

http://IPAddress:Port/plugins.xpi

Open the folder where the file above downloaded.

Open a Firefox browser window. In that window select at the top left. Firefox then select Add-ons.

Right click, holding your mouse button down, on the filename of the file you just downloaded, plugins.xpi and and drag it over the Firefox Add-Ons Managerwindow. Let go of your mouse button and you should see a small window asking you to install npIpcam. Click the Install button.

Only IF the above worked. If you have any other npIpcam extensions that are present. Click the disable button and then the remove button for each of them.

You now have the latest browser plugin for FireFox for your H264 based camera. Please close ANY Firefox windows you have open to make sure that the new plugin loads in FireFox. Using the standard camera interface, in FireFox, go to your device info screen and make sure FireFox shows that the version number that showed in the Extentions page of FireFox, matches what the Camera shows.

IE ("Internet Explorer")

IE is somewhat more complicated to force the ActiveX plugin from the camera, to install.

So you will need to create a text file. You can use Windows Notepad if needed. Then copy/paste the below and then change the values below that match the Legend above for your cameras.

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<object id=ipcam name=test align=baseline height=0 width=0 border="0"
    CLASSID="clsid:3746422E-4692-4429-9698-E3EB34FE07BC"   
    codebase="http://IPAddress:Port/FSIPCam.cab#VERSION=3,0,0,0">
</body>
</html>

Then save that file and then rename that file to PluginIE.htm

Open a IE browser window and then open PluginIE.htm.

This should prompt you to install the ActiveX plugin for IE.

Note: You can use this file anytime in the future, for the same camera, to pull the latest ActiveX browser plugin for IE, from your camera.

Safari

This plugin will not work with Safari browsers on non-Mac computers.

I don't have a MAC. So I can't show you what you need to do to install the browser plugin for Safari. But I can show you how to pull it from your camera.

Using the Legend above. Do this command from any browser window and save the file as a download, when prompted:

http://IPAddress:Port/plugins.pkg

Maybe a Mac user can post here on how to install this download in Safari.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Re: The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

Postby hottroc » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:57 am

Please will you add how to install the plugin in Safari on an Android device? Pointing it to plugins.pkg initiates the download but the download just keeps failing.
Thanks.
hottroc

Postby Silvano » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:19 am

please a plugin for an android browser. I'd like to see at least one browser on android working for playback
Silvano

Postby stonefox » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:59 pm

Hi - I don't understand this:

FireFox

The file I'm downloading is empty and fills 0 KB?

Se attach :

My cam is a Foscam FI9821W V2
stonefox

Postby TheUberOverLord » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:27 pm

stonefox wrote:Hi - I don't understand this:

FireFox

The file I'm downloading is empty and fills 0 KB?

Se attach :

My cam is a Foscam FI9821W V2

Please try using another browser ("If possible") to attempt to see if the download completes as it should.

If that fails. Please try to re-install that current firmware version in the camera. Using a wired connection.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby stonefox » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:54 am

It does not help to use a different browser, and I can not reinstall a new firmware, because FI9821W failed during the firmware update, and now the mistake of all the paths in the "settings" are wrong.

see picture:
stonefox

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:16 am

Not knowing. What browser(s) you are using, or what Operating System you are using. Please see this:

http://foscam.us/forum/fi9826w-how-do-i-install-ie10-plugin-t7683.html?hilit=compatability#p37061

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby stonefox » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:16 pm

My standard browser is Firefox ( v25.0.1)
second IE 10.0.11
stonefox

Postby TheUberOverLord » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:11 pm

I assume Windows? As an Operating System? Since you never answered that question.

Also. Are you current, with ALL Operating System updates?

Because, what your are seeing. Is FAR from, normal.

Don
TheUberOverLord

Postby Murphburg » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:01 pm

For Chrome, the plugins.crx instruction returns a "404 not found" saying the file was not found on this server.

Below there is a link to this:

[url]thttpd/2.25b 29dec2003[/url]

Given your instructions, I'm unsure how to force Chrome to install this as an extension.

Any extra help would be appreciated.

FYI - Im using Win 7 home premium 64 bit.
Chrome Version 31.0.1650.63 m
Murphburg

Next

Return to Technical Support