Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

tinyCam Monitor 5.7 for Android - w/ Android 5.0 support

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Re: tinyCam Monitor for Android with 2-way FOSCAM audio

Postby alexvas » Tue May 22, 2012 5:59 am

yazyazoo wrote:I was wondering about the presets for the camera for my 8918w. I would move the camera to the location I want and on the screen I would long press the preset number. However it doesn't seem to remember the location. How do we setup the presets?

1. Please check that you have selected the correct model number (FI8918/FI8918W) in Camera Settings in tinyCam Monitor.
2. You have enabled presets in camera. Check your camera settings via web browser.
3. You have the latest camera firmware version.
4. You are using administrator or operator access (will not work for visitor).
tinyCam Monitor - mobile surveillance for Android, Android TV/Fire TV, BB10 with full Foscam cameras support.
Baby Monitor for IP Camera - keep an eye on your babies using Foscam cameras for iPhone, iPad.
alexvas

Postby Anton » Tue May 22, 2012 10:44 am

Does your app support 2-way audio for this cam
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Foscam-FI8608W- ... 3f17bbc115 ?
Anton

Postby alexvas » Tue May 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Anton wrote:Does your app support 2-way audio for this cam
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Foscam-FI8608W- ... 3f17bbc115 ?

No. Audio for H.264 cams is not supported at the moment. Only video works.

This is the latest list of all FOSCAM cams features being supported in tinyCam Monitor:
FI8602W (LED)
FI8608W (pt, preset, LED)
FI8620W (ptz, preset, focus, iris, LED)
FI8901/FI8901W
FI8904W (motion detection, LED)
FI8905W (motion detection, LED)
FI8908/FI8908W (2-w audio, pt, motion detection, preset, relay)
FI8909W-NA (2-w audio, motion detection, LED)
FI8910W (2-w audio, pt, motion detection, preset, LED)
FI8918/FI8918W (2-w audio, pt, motion detection, preset, LED)
tinyCam Monitor - mobile surveillance for Android, Android TV/Fire TV, BB10 with full Foscam cameras support.
Baby Monitor for IP Camera - keep an eye on your babies using Foscam cameras for iPhone, iPad.
alexvas

Postby Brycejay » Tue May 22, 2012 4:30 pm

Does it make sense to add the local ip address to use for when I am inside my local network instead of using the ip address from my internet provide? My main use will be for baby monitoring duties while at home but still have the option to see from outside of the local network. Would it help with 2way latency? Using the FI8910W camera.
Brycejay

Postby mturck » Thu May 24, 2012 10:40 am

alexvas wrote:
mturck wrote:I'm currently experiencing a strange issue with the audio though. The audio level seems to be inconsistent, where sometimes I need to turn the volume all the way up on my devices ( I'm using both a Droid Pro and Dell Streak 7 ) to even hear the white noise machine, then 30 minutes later it's back to a normal and way too loud.

This isn't too much of an issue during the day, but it's REALLY annoying at night or early in the morning when I'm worried about hearing the baby.

mturck,

Yes, I also have the same problem in tinyCam Monitor for Android sometimes. I'm still investigating it. I'm currently thinking that this is Android issue since I have almost the same code running on iOS devices without any audio issues. I've noticed that this issue occurs less likely on Android 4.0. Try to upgrade your Android device if possible.

Will try to fix it.

I'm at the latest supported version for both devices, although I'm not opposed to rooting the Streak. You mentioned IOS, is there a TinyCam app out there for IOS as well? I'd be willing to try that on my wife's ipad or iphone to see if there's any difference in performance.

I'm not sure if this helps your troubleshooting or not, but I noticed while viewing the camera, if i double tap a few times to switch between modes it will sometimes fix the audio. That works probably about 60% of the time
mturck

Postby alexvas » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:13 am

I'm at the latest supported version for both devices, although I'm not opposed to rooting the Streak. You mentioned IOS, is there a TinyCam app out there for IOS as well? I'd be willing to try that on my wife's ipad or iphone to see if there's any difference in performance.

We have just released Baby Monitor for IP Camera for iOS which works perfectly with Foscam camera. More info regarding the app is available here.
alexvas

Postby alexvas » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:18 am

Brycejay wrote:Does it make sense to add the local ip address to use for when I am inside my local network instead of using the ip address from my internet provide? My main use will be for baby monitoring duties while at home but still have the option to see from outside of the local network. Would it help with 2way latency? Using the FI8910W camera.

The latest tinyCam Monitor 4.0 has such feature implemented. You can specify local hostname used when you on WiFi connection, and remote hostname (see Advanced Settings) when you on 3G/4G network.

Moreover now Foscam audio is working fine when you use dyndns redirection service like no-ip.com.
alexvas

Postby Gargoyle » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:09 pm

I'm having absolutely no luck getting tinycam to see any of my three foscams.
Samsung S3, running Android ICS. I'm running blue iris, and I do have a different app, IP Cam Viewer, working perfectly on my phone. It uses Blue Iris as the camera, and the blue iris access user name and pw.

I've tried setting both blue iris and foscam as the camera, neither works. I tried the appropriate username/pw for each one, and with Foscam as the setting I two of my three cam models. My three cams are on different ports, I've tried all three port numbers in the tinyCam setup. None of these combinations work, it just plain doesn't see any of my cams.

i like the feature set, so I want to try it as an alternative to IP Cam Viewer, but I'm almost ready to do an uninstall. Any last suggestions I should try.
Gargoyle

Postby alexvas » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:49 pm

I'm having absolutely no luck getting tinycam to see any of my three foscams

Please contact us directly via support email http://tinycammonitor.com/contacts.html and provide us live access to any of your Foscam cam. We will check what the issue you might have.
alexvas

Postby Stettin » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:20 am

I submitted a bug report through that link, but wanted to post a reply here to see if anyone else had similar issues.

I've noticed that audio seems to randomly cut out when connecting to our 8910w. I have background audio enabled on the application and am using this on a kindle fire with CM9 (Android 4.0). I cannot reliably reproduce the problem, but randomly the audio stops. The only way to get it back is to refresh the camera by either going to audio settings the back again or switch layout and go back to the full camera view. My wife is using this as a baby monitor and she is very concerned that the audio cuts out. She wants to be reassured by hearing the baby breathing and the clock ticking in the nursery. My wife wakes up a few times a night and notices the audio stops. Any ideas?

Originally my wife was using this on a standard Kindle Fire, however it would crash 100% of the time if the view rotated. I finally convinced her to try CM9 but that only fixed the rotation crashing, not the audio randomly cutting out.
Stettin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion