Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

Trying to connect two foscams through same router

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Trying to connect two foscams through same router

Postby tedzia » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi guys. Need some help configuring two foscam cameras on the same router (linksys). I am having the IP conflict issue when both cameras are connected wireless, only the first camera shows up when I try to access them remotely. Even though, I have two separate domain names (No-ip) and IP addresses and have done the port forwarding. Any help would be appreciated. Ted
tedzia

Re: Trying to connect two foscams through same router

Postby FOSCAM » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:57 am

The port number and ip address for the two camera are both different, right?
Check port is open or not on http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/.
FOSCAM

Postby tedzia » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:00 pm

the port is open. The issue is the domain names through No-Ip.org (i.e tedcam1.no-ipxxx and tedcam2.no-ipxxxx) both are set to the same external IP address. When trying to access camera tedcam1, it works just fine as the router knows where to direct this. When tedcam2 requests connection (and has to use the same External IP), the router has no choice but to use the 1st port forwarded and the result is using either tedcam 1 or tedcam2, ends up looking at tedcam1. I tried to use the port number (tedcam2xxxx.org:79) but the no-ip.org or even the dyndns.org but neither supports using the port number and its loops back to the same above situation. On top of this the IE 7, 8, or even 9, have serious active x issues and despite instructions by Foscam on how to fix the issue, the task proves rather impossible due to expired certificates of Foscam and even when it does work, the screen freezes resulting in the entire computer freeze thus a hard restart. I am a moderately knowledgeable person and having so much side issues to try to even use the IE to access the camera is rather disappointing. For instance, now that the tedcam 2 port has been changed from the default to 79, the Firefox cannot access the camera settings (even using the Ethernet cable and while the IP address is detected). And trying to use the IE (which unbeknownst to customers has more capabilities vs other browsers), is impossible due to the active x issue explained above. In all, setting up one camera is a breeze. adding an extra one (without Foscam having provisioned for the obvious technical anomaly supra), is either impossible or requires certain unorthodox action beyond an ordinary or even middium level customer. Very frustrating.
tedzia

Postby H2ans » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:29 pm

In order to have two cameras on the same local network (same router), each camera must have it's own unique port number assigned to it.
Here is briefly what you need to do:

Step1
- For Camera 1: go into the camera admin panel and assign a static IP address and a port number to the camera (for a MJPEG camera, see method 2 on this page: http://foscam.com/help2_view.aspx?Id=67, for a H.264 camera, see this page: http://foscam.com/help2_view.aspx?Id=68
--> enter IP Adress, Subnet Mask, Gateway and DNS server.
--> for 'Http Port' enter for example 8090

- For Camera 2, do the same but make sure to assign a different IP address and a different port (e.g. 8091).

Step 2
- Try that you can access both cameras from your local network using the new network settings. You need to use a address of the form: 'http://IpAddressOfCamera:portnumber'
If you cannot connect to both cameras, go back into the admin panel and review your network settings

Step 3
- Go into the admin panel of your router. Go to the page where you can define port forwarding. (for port forwarding on a linksys router, see http://foscam.com/help2_view.aspx?Id=70)
- Forward port 8090 to the IP address of camera 1 on port 8090
- Forward port 8091 to the IP address of camera 2 on port 8091

Step 4
Create a dynamic dns address. You already have done this. You only need ONE host in the no-ip service. Currently, you have both 'tedcam1.no-ipxxxx' and 'tedcam2.no-ipxxxx'. But you only need one (the cameras are identified based on port number, not on IP address or host name). So all you need is one host name (e.g. tedcam.no-ipxxxx)

Step 5
Connect to each of the cameras using the dynamic dns name:
For camera 1: http://tedcam.no-ipxxxx:8090
For camera 2: http://tedcam.no-ipxxxx:8091

That's it.

Remark, you only need to enable/set the dynamic dns service on one of the cameras as they are both on the same LAN.
H2ans

Postby plfinch » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:33 pm

Alternatively, and more simply, you can leave both cameras on port 80 on their respective LAN IPs and use port 80 in the destination when configuring port forwarding in the router. I prefer this method since internally on the LAN I access all my cameras using port 80. For example:

Forward port 8081 to 192.168.0.111 port 80 and forward port 8082 to 192.168.0.112 port 80 assuming *.111 is camera 1 and *.112 is camera 2.

I also recommend using DHCP reservation in the router so the camera IPs do not change on reboot. (This associates each camera's network MAC address with a specific IP that DHCP will serve everytime your cameras are rebooted.)

Peter
plfinch

Postby tedzia » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:39 pm

thank you so much Peter. I appreciate taking the time out to explain the step in such a detail.
Ted
tedzia

Postby pauly » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:48 am

Make sure under multi device settings you have second camera host as tedcam1.no-ip.org not your IP address
I am no expert but what little help i can offer is better than nothing
pauly

Postby Juli » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:57 am

So MUST we use the DDNS no-ip service is we want to view 2 cameras from outside the network? I have 2 cameras working fine on our wireless network. But when I view over the Internet, the first one works and the second one is not visable and gives an error:
"Fail to connect to the device: Can't connect to the device."
I have them both forwarded to port 80 outside.

Thank you,
juli
Juli

Postby pauly » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:45 pm

Juli wrote:So MUST we use the DDNS no-ip service is we want to view 2 cameras from outside the network?

Unless you have a fixed ip you will require a service like noip for even one camera.
Have you read last post
Make sure under multi device settings you have second camera host as tedcam1.no-ip.org not your IP address"
I am no expert but what little help i can offer is better than nothing
pauly

Postby wyrenut » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:21 pm

I have two cameras on one router with no problems. Each one has a static IP address (a "reservation" as described by some routers).

After setting the static IP's, I forwarded a different port to each IP.

I sure wish the Multi-cam software was able to view both an MPEG camera (8910) and an H264 camera (8609) at the same time!

Looks like I'll be forced to purchase some better software (Blue Iris for example) if I want to monitor my cameras on one screen... :(

WyreNut
HP "Expert" - HP Community Support Forum.
http://h30434.www3.hp.com
wyrenut

Return to Technical Support