Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

Two cams- one keeps losing signal

Users can ask and answer questions regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Moderators: mycam, FOSCAM

Two cams- one keeps losing signal

Postby Gargoyle » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:12 pm

Originally I had an 8905, it was very reliable. I added an 8602. I put the 8602 in the location where the 8905 had been (about 20 feet from the router), moved the 8905 to a different location. Both are wireless connections. (the 8905 is now connecting through a range extender, since it's new location is over 100 feet from the router, but it works fine).

All was set up and both cameras worked well for about three days, then the 8602 started constantly losing connection. If I launch the IP Camera Tool that camera disappears and reappears in the listing.

I'm running Blue Iris software, in the logs there are countless entries like this:
RTSP: 400 Bad Request
Watchdog timeout: Network Reset

What can I try to fix this? Both cams are on static IP addresses, both are at port 80. (should they be on different ports? if so, to change the port to I have to first connect with Ethernet and configure and then switch to wireless). Is there a setting I should change, maybe in network or video settings?

It's odd, because it did work fine for three days, all I changed were small adjustments to contrast and brightness.

Firmware for the 8602 is V3.2.2.2.1-20111115

By the way, your user guides refer to a multi-camera setup tab in the admin section of the software, but I don't have that tab for either camera.
Gargoyle

Re: Two cams- one keeps losing signal

Postby FOSCAM » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:13 am

The ip address of the two cameras are different, right? You can set another port for camera via wireless.

8602 is a h.264 camera which doesn't support multi-device. 8905 is a MJPG camera, it supports multi-device. If yours does not support, you may can try to update firmware.
FOSCAM

Re: Two cams- one keeps losing signal

Postby Gargoyle » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:10 pm

OK, I now have all three working. I first set the new port with the ip camera tool.
My router is a 2Wire. With that router, for each camera you have to go to the firewall settings, set up a user defined application pinhole and assign it a new port as a PPTP virtual network Server, then assign that port/application to that cameras IP address.

Anyone with these routers, that's how you do it.
Gargoyle

Return to Technical Support