Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

Updating Firmware 18905W

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Updating Firmware 18905W

Postby derrickhand300 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:46 am

I recently purchased 3 18905W cams and I am VERY disappointed and about to try to return them all for refunds if I cannot resolve ALL the issues with them.
1st problem -I cannot get them to work with ANY of the motion detect/record software listed on this site
2nd Problem- The cameras are constantly changing brightness so much that they become so bright that they jusy "white out" the monitor and recordings
3rd Problem-Cannot get the firmware update to open

Can someone help me understand just what it takes to update the firmware?

How do I get the file to even open on my computer?
Do I have to climb through the attics and remove all the cameras and bring them to a pC to update them IF I Can Get The Update TO Open?

I really wished I would have purchased a better quality product-So far these Foscama have been a huge disappointment
derrickhand300

Re: Updating Firmware 18905W

Postby Zap » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:20 pm

I think all of us would like to see a fix for the auto brightness problem.

Chances are your cam's already came with the newest firmware installed.

The firmware update is not made to open on your PC, its a binary file.
The camera's firmware is updated thru the web interface.

Oh and by the way I own 18 of these POS's
Zap

Postby derrickhand300 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:43 pm

Thanks-Think I will cut my losses and write Foscam off as just a bad investmernt and bad experience. This has got to be the crappiest camera/software ever made. I have had mine just over a week now and would sell them to anyone for 50% of what I paid. Anyone that may have some experience with a better brand bundled with better software please contact me.
derrickhand300

Postby LuciferMabus » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:37 am

these camera's do suck in the daylight and the software is crap, but if you want to sell one of those cams, make me quote for one, i only want it for the night vision, have a project. for daylight security, i use panasonic cameras, they are very good in the day hours, but they are useless at night. they can be view from any web browser, but you will need IE to use the streaming audio. i have 3 of those camera's, they are PTZ, but the zoom is digital, so the zoom really sucks on them, but pan & tilt is great, please it is not hard to setup, well the first time it will be, but after that, you will be able to set they up blind folded.
LuciferMabus

Postby LuciferMabus » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:52 am

very good software for your cams are milestone or blue iris, milestone is top of the line, but it does not support cheap camera's like foscam, blue iris is good, but setup motion zones, which it doesn't have, if blue iris motion setup had zone and masks, it would be on the same level as milestone software.www.milestonesys.com
LuciferMabus

Return to General Discussion