Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

View cam with NO username or password

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

View cam with NO username or password

Postby Crash » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:19 pm

Hello,
I have a FI8918W foscam and have it working well. Right now I access it using a username and password.

I would like to put it on my webpage and open the stream to the public. Is there any way to access the camera stream without having to enter a username or password?

Right now, I have the camera stream on my webpage, but you have to enter a username of guest and no password. I'd really like to get rid of that username as well and just have the camera stream come up.

Thanks,
Crash
Crash

Re: View cam with NO username or password

Postby admin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:12 am

Yes, it possible to add the live feed to your website without the camera control application or without logging in each time when you embed the following URL or make it a clickable hotspot as below:

Just like this: http://ipcam_url/videostream.cgi?user=u ... d=password

You would substitute your username and password you have defined inside your camera.

To see all the possibilities and flexibility I have attached the CGI APIs in the IPCAM CGI SDK 2.1.
admin
Admin

Postby Crash » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:01 pm

Thank you. This worked like a charm.
Crash

Postby dohara » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:32 pm

admin wrote:Yes, it possible to add the live feed to your website without the camera control application or without logging in each time when you embed the following URL or make it a clickable hotspot as below:

Just like this: http://ipcam_url/videostream.cgi?user=u ... d=password

You would substitute your username and password you have defined inside your camera.

To see all the possibilities and flexibility I have attached the CGI APIs in the IPCAM CGI SDK 2.1.

Is there any way to do this without having the user and password visible in the page code?
Thanks
dohara

Postby johnsjets » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:24 am

Set up the username and password with "nulls" in the "User Settings" module.
johnsjets

Postby dohara » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:34 am

Can you explain this a bit more. What is meant by "nulls" and where are they entered.

Thanks a bunch,
Dennis
dohara

Postby johnsjets » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:54 pm

dohara wrote:Can you explain this a bit more. What is meant by "nulls" and where are they entered.

Thanks a bunch,
Dennis

What I should have said was to set up a "dummy" user account for your outside users, since the Foscam software will not accept true "nulls". A null is simply a "no data" condition...such as blank spaces. This account would be set up as a "visitor" account with no administrative privileges.
First, you would need to access the user setup of the camera firmware. To do this, log in to your camera firmware using FIREFOX and click "Device Management". Click "User Settings", then go to an unused line for "visitor" group. Let's say you setup a users account with the following data:
user field=xxx; password field=xxx. Click submit and give it a moment to take (the camera will reboot). Once that is done, you can simply setup an embedded url for your website or email communications. Using your DNS service provider account, your url would look something like this:

http://mycamera.dyndns.org:[port#]/videostream.cgi?user=xxx&pwd=xxx

The symbol preceding "pwd" is actually an ampersand...don't why it shows up on the forum boards the way it does. FYI, this will NOT work with explorer.
johnsjets

Return to General Discussion