Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

viewing camera over the internet

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

viewing camera over the internet

Postby imurphster » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:38 am

I am trying to view my camera FI8905W over the internet.

I have registered my camera on www.dyndns.com and all seems to be working ok, here is the message get in the Device status

DynDns Succeed
UPnP Status UPnP Failed: Rejected by UPnP Device, Maybe Port Conflict. I also have had this message
UPnP Failed: Errors in Chat with UPnP Device

When I try to access the camera through the following web address http://bla bla.dyndns.org I just get to the homepage of the router , which is a D-link DIR-165 supplied by Virgin, I have port forwarded the external IP address to 1 of my internal IP address but still can not see the camera.

I can see the camera of my local network so I know this is working.

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance
imurphster

Re: viewing camera over the internet

Postby foscamExpert » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:25 pm

You must enter your dyndns address followed by a colon ":" and then your camera "port #".

Example:
http://bla.dyndns.org:1040

Hope this Helps! :D
foscamExpert

Postby Jim in Charlotte » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:42 am

Can you provide an example of the format?
Jim in Charlotte

Postby Razor512 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:15 pm

if the camera is behind a router, use the dyndns in the router and not the camera.

if your router supports upnp then make sure that upnp is also enabled on the security camera.

also double NAT's can also cause problems so make sure you are not in a situation where you have 1 NAT router connected behind another NAT router (same goes if you have a WAP connected behind a router where in which the WAP is providing it's own DHCP and NAT)
Razor512

Postby t84a » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:35 pm

Razor512 wrote:if the camera is behind a router, use the dyndns in the router and not the camera.

if your router supports upnp then make sure that upnp is also enabled on the security camera.

also double NAT's can also cause problems so make sure you are not in a situation where you have 1 NAT router connected behind another NAT router (same goes if you have a WAP connected behind a router where in which the WAP is providing it's own DHCP and NAT)

How do you use the dyndns in the router?
Ken from Maryland
t84a

Return to General Discussion