Page 2 of 7

Re: The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:03 pm
by Murphburg
Also forgot to mention,

The camera model I have is FI9820W with firmware version

V3.2.6.1.1-20120807

Thanks.

Re: The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:05 pm
by TheUberOverLord
Murphburg wrote:Also forgot to mention,

The camera model I have is FI9820W with firmware version

V3.2.6.1.1-20120807

Thanks.

Sadly. These instructions will only work for H.264 Foscam camera models, currently being sold. They will NOT work with your camera model. Because of that.

Since I have no access to the older H.264 Foscam camera models, no longer being sold. I have no ways to test methods for those camera models. To force install the browser plugin.

Don

Re: The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:36 am
by bogus
Thanks for your fast reply!
It works now!
I downloaded the new plugin from the camera "http://cam-ip-address:port/plugins.pkg" , and installed the new plugin by double click on the plugins.pkg file!

But before I enabled in mac 10.9 (mavericks) under system preferences/security&privacy "allow apps downloaded from anywhere!

Re: The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:29 am
by TheUberOverLord
bogus wrote:Thanks for your fast reply!
It works now!
I downloaded the new plugin from the camera "http://cam-ip-address:port/plugins.pkg" , and installed the new plugin by double click on the plugins.pkg file!

But before I enabled in mac 10.9 (mavericks) under system preferences/security&privacy "allow apps downloaded from anywhere!

You are very welcome.

Don

Re: The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:12 pm
by Rob190
I don't see it mentioned anywhere but for Firefox (v26) you need to clear the cache otherwise if you go to settings, it will stall with the message: "Downloading Device Information". I haven't seen this behaviour with IE or Chrome.

Re: The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:33 pm
by pomonabill221
I have win7 64 bit.
Just purchased 2 of the FI 9821W v2 cameras. They have the latest firmware.
In Firefox 26.0, the active X control installed just fine.
In IE 11, when I connect to the camera, on the logon screen, there still is the "plugins not found, click me to download".
When I click on the link, the file that comes up as wanting to be downloaded is plugins.pkg.. NOT an extension that IE is familiar with.
The file will not install in IE.
I did use your script, the fsipcam.cab is asked it I will allow it to install, and as far as I can tell it does.
I check the Manage plugins tool and it indicates that ocxipcam control is enabled version 2.0.1.6.
What else needs to be done to get stupid IE to work!?!?!?! :evil:

Re: The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:38 pm
by TheUberOverLord
pomonabill221 wrote:I have win7 64 bit.
Just purchased 2 of the FI 9821W v2 cameras. They have the latest firmware.
In Firefox 26.0, the active X control installed just fine.
In IE 11, when I connect to the camera, on the logon screen, there still is the "plugins not found, click me to download".
When I click on the link, the file that comes up as wanting to be downloaded is plugins.pkg.. NOT an extension that IE is familiar with.
The file will not install in IE.
I did use your script, the fsipcam.cab is asked it I will allow it to install, and as far as I can tell it does.
I check the Manage plugins tool and it indicates that ocxipcam control is enabled version 2.0.1.6.
What else needs to be done to get stupid IE to work!?!?!?! :evil:

When accessing the cameras. Please set "Compatibility" mode in IE:

More here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/inte ... e-11-win-7

Don

Re: The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:45 pm
by pomonabill221
Thanks Don... I'll give it a try!

Re: The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:55 pm
by pomonabill221
Well that didn't work so well....
The only way I could turn on comp. mode was to click on the tools-compatibility view settings, and add the IP address of the camera.

Seemed to work (I saw the live video window and it did ask to install the activeX control), but IE crashes with a warning stating that IE had to close and reopen the tab.

This returns me to the camera's log in page.

A little closer but still not there.

Re: The How To Install Browser Plugins ALL H.264 Cameras

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:53 am
by TheUberOverLord
pomonabill221 wrote:Well that didn't work so well....
The only way I could turn on comp. mode was to click on the tools-compatibility view settings, and add the IP address of the camera.

Seemed to work (I saw the live video window and it did ask to install the activeX control), but IE crashes with a warning stating that IE had to close and reopen the tab.

This returns me to the camera's log in page.

A little closer but still not there.

It seems like you may have some system problems.

Are you current with all Windows Updates?

What version of Windows are you on and if XP what service pack?

Don