Save up to 30% on select Foscam IP Cameras

Why no sound?

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Why no sound?

Postby kimbo » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:49 pm

How come I cannot hear any sound through my camera?

The only info on this site is to go to the visitor section, but not what to do once there. VERY frustrating!

Please help.
kimbo

Re: Why no sound?

Postby transco » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:16 am

Are you talking about sound out of the camera's speaker or from the camera's mic?
transco

Postby athomati » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:56 pm

I'm also getting no sound. The video looks great, but there no sound from the camera microphone to the computer speakers.

I cannot find any audio settings anywhere. What should I look at?

Thanks!
Amy
athomati

Postby sickazsr20 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:12 pm

Hi guys,

I can help with this one, I even signed up to the forums just to help!!!

OK so you goto the visitor page and down the bottom left you'll see a few little buttons in a row

usually the right one the picture of the video cam is BLUE, and the other 2 are greyish.

To talk to the camera you need a microphone on your computer obviously and the SECOND button clicked so it turns to a little square. To recieve audio from the camera to your speakers click the FIRST one down until it becomes a little square.

To record what your watching with or without audio click the third icon (the video cam) down until it turns to a little square.

And of course to turn it off, click them again.

Hope that helps guys!!

Image attached also.

sickazsr20

Postby jvp0719 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:42 am

What about when using Firefox? I have a Mac and view the camera through Firefox. I cannot seem to figure out the audio portion.

Thanks
jvp0719

Postby vardelda » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:36 pm

the view displayed only works with the ActiveX controls under IE. on Firefox/Chrome, the Visitor section does not appear and those options are not available anywhere else in the control panel.
vardelda

Postby bevland » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:31 am

I have tried everything. I have the icon with IE, but still can not hear. What can I do?
bevland

Postby Steve1 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:28 am

If you use the audio in, you should use a stereo jack.

My problem with sound is finding a viewer on the internet that includes sound. The generic viewer noted on this forum works well for video, but does not seem to include sound. Even with the limit on password using viewers, the difficulties of getting my viewers to deal with their web security to use the foscam provided browser is more than I can handle.
Does anyone know of a browser that incorporates the active-X controls or whatever so that someone just turns it on, watches AND listens. I can do this with IPAD (FoscamPro) Windows 8 (Camerakaze) and Android (I forget which app I use there) but on IE or other browsers for the PC I am having trouble. My camera is a F18910W and the generic browser is working at http://www.Viet-myths.net/confcam.htm
Steve1

No sound windows 7 or mobile

Postby jgill60 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:30 am

Let me start with what I’m running and what I’ve tried so far.

Camera: F18910W
Firmware: 11.37.2.55
WebUI: 2.0.10.9

PCOS: Windows 7

Browsers:
Chrome 31
IE 10

Let me start by saying my WebUI for either Chrome or IE looks nothing like the screenshots/videos posted on this site. I find no D/L links to upgrade WebUI. Is it included in the firmware links?

When I try Server Push using Chrome, I’m advised to go to http://www.videolan.org/ for a browser plug in. I’m not finding a browser plug-in on this page. I d/l and installed the VLC media player from that page. Chrome now thinks I installed the plug in but still no audio.

Using IE, accessing the camera through ActiveX, my UI is different though not like those images posted here. I have an audio mute button but no other controls. IE is not asking for a plugin but still no sound. One reply to this thread, suggests changes to the For Visitors settings. I don’t even see For Visitors in my UI.

jgill60

Return to General Discussion