Important Message from Foscam Digital Technologies Regarding US Sales & Service

Foscam.US (aka Foscam Digital Technologies and now Amcrest Technologies) is an independent United States based distributor of "Foscam" branded products. We have been offering telephone support, US local warranty and building the Foscam brand in the US for the past 7 years. Based on our experiences with Foscam and feedback from end users we have launched our own new and improved line of wireless IP cameras and security systems under the Amcrest brand. Working in partnership with the second largest security camera manufacturer in the world, Amcrest was founded with a deep commitment to end-user privacy and security, highly reliable software and hardware as well a seamless and intuitive user experience. For more information, please visit www.Amcrest.com

If you are having trouble with your Foscam cameras, we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and would love to help. For technical support, response to inquiries and for obtaining replacements for any Foscam IP Cameras or NVR products, please reach out to tech@foscam.com or call 1-844-344-1113.

If you are interested in exchanging your Foscam camera for an Amcrest camera, we can offer you a massive loyalty discount, even if you are out of warranty. Please send an email to support@amcrest.com, sales@amcrest.com or call 1-888-212-7538

If you are subscribed to Foscam Cloud (www.foscamcloud.com), please contact cloud@foscam.us for support.

If you currently use the manufacturer's cloud service (www.myfoscam.com or linked in any way to www.foscam.com), you will need to contact them directly for support, at www.myfoscam.com.

Wide Angle lens for FI8905W?

General discussion regarding Foscam IP Cameras

Re: Wide Angle lens for FI8905W?

Postby Razor512 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:05 pm

it is long enough but but just barely, so to ensure that no ir light can enter the tube, I tape a little bit of paper to it.
Razor512

Postby Zaeolos » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:50 pm

I read on another post about using Wax paper cut out to go over the IR lights, leaving a hole for the sensor. This is supposed to to diffuse the IR and it looks like it will spread the light out. I'll let you all know how it goes when I get off my lazy butt and go buy some wax paper :)
Zaeolos

Postby freres77 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:48 am

Zaeolos wrote:Thanks derelicte, I just ordered the 4mm from MonoPrice. I know the lens is going to be shorter, but I was thinking of cutting the supports to bring the lens closer to the glass. Has anyone been able to find replacement supports that can be used?

Have you received your lens yet? I ordered the same one and got it this morning. I can't get it to fit. Its too short to reach the threads. I am not a person to take things like this apart, so I don't know if Im just missing some step or something. I followed Razor??'s video (thankyou), but just can't get the new one to thread in.
freres77

Postby derelicte » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:01 pm

there is an adapter that sits between the lens and the camera that you need to reuse. did you use it?
derelicte

Postby freres77 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:24 pm

derelicte wrote:there is an adapter that sits between the lens and the camera that you need to reuse. did you use it?

Uh no :? , LOL, I don't see an adapter anywhere. I unscrewed the old lens and there isn't anything attached to it, the new lens had some kind of adapter on it but it doesn't fit either. Thank you for replying quickly, please excuse my stupidity. Do you know of any links to instructions?
freres77

Postby freres77 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:37 pm

I got it! Thank you very much!
freres77

Postby freres77 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:43 pm

Ok the wider angle is perfect but the picture is really whited out. I suppose this is the problem everyone has been talking about? I have 2 other Foscams and have run into this a little bit but I've always been able to adjust the brightness and contrast to make it look pretty good. Can't adjust it out of this one for some reason. I did put wax paper on it so I'm hoping at least the nighttime picture is good.
freres77

Postby rrs18 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:11 pm

freres77 wrote:Ok the wider angle is perfect but the picture is really whited out. I suppose this is the problem everyone has been talking about? I have 2 other Foscams and have run into this a little bit but I've always been able to adjust the brightness and contrast to make it look pretty good. Can't adjust it out of this one for some reason. I did put wax paper on it so I'm hoping at least the nighttime picture is good.

Hi, I am interested in how the wax paper trick worked for you. My night time pics are not usable due to a "halo" around anyone's head as they walk by (or commit some act of vandalism). It's a fairly small area i am looking at. And I want to use it primarily at night.

Does anyone know of any guidelines for mode, brightness and contrast?
What are you using to adjust your other cams so they are ok?
Thanks

Russ
rrs18

Postby freres77 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:05 pm

rrs18 wrote:
freres77 wrote:Ok the wider angle is perfect but the picture is really whited out. I suppose this is the problem everyone has been talking about? I have 2 other Foscams and have run into this a little bit but I've always been able to adjust the brightness and contrast to make it look pretty good. Can't adjust it out of this one for some reason. I did put wax paper on it so I'm hoping at least the nighttime picture is good.

Hi, I am interested in how the wax paper trick worked for you. My night time pics are not usable due to a "halo" around anyone's head as they walk by (or commit some act of vandalism). It's a fairly small area i am looking at. And I want to use it primarily at night.

Does anyone know of any guidelines for mode, brightness and contrast?
What are you using to adjust your other cams so they are ok?
Thanks

Russ

Earlier in this topic someone posted some pics with and without the wax paper, that's why I put it on when I had my camera open. I haven't actually paid any attention as to whether it helped or not. My other outside camera is set on outdoor mode and 5 and 3, I never have to change it. It is the FI8904W though.
freres77

Postby rrs18 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:23 pm

Zaeolos wrote:I read on another post about using Wax paper cut out to go over the IR lights, leaving a hole for the sensor. This is supposed to to diffuse the IR and it looks like it will spread the light out. I'll let you all know how it goes when I get off my lazy butt and go buy some wax paper :)

I've seen the pics posted earlier and it appears to be a good solution. Did you have the same success? It's just that I'm reluctant to take the camera down from its perch, and then take it apart if it may not work

Thanks.
rrs18

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion